4mm long rod port timing help

I need some help figuring out how my banshee should be set up properly... I guess I never thought about messing up the port timing with the addition of a 4mm long rod crank before installing one.... My banshee still runs great but I'm not sure I'm really getting the benefits of the 4mm crank.. The kit I purchased came with a 2mm head gasket and that is what is installed, does that keep the port timing the same or seriously mess with it??? Any help would be appreciated!! Oh, my stock cylinders do have the trinity stage three port done on them.

Definitely not optimal, but better then having it all cobbled and ported for a Spacer plate.

The best way to get it set up. If indeed you do have a long rod crank, you need Weisco 795's or the new Weisco pistons from Driveline Prfomance. Then have the head cut and rechambered or get a cool head and have domes cut for the set up. The domes will be machined in a way that allows the piston to still clear even with the extra stroke. Port work can/should be done to accommodate the stroke and your riding style.

The crank came with the wiseco pistons with the wrist pins in a little different location than the stock pistons, are these the 795 pistons you are referring to?? I have the trinity cool head as well, can a proper machine shop cut the domes on those??

Yes. You will have to send someone those domes though as the trinity heads only use their style domes. It shouldn't be to much work for someone to just cut over what you got.

They are actually the ones who ported the carbs and installed the pvl ignition originally.. I'll give Kim a call in the morning ans see what my options are... Maybe I should pull the damn crank, sell it, then buy a stock one.... Any opinions on the kind of gains I could see if I get the setup working optimally??