Are A Arms really that much stronger than J Arms?

I currently have a bone stock 1987 Banshee with j arms. I want to keep it this way because I like the fact of the uncut vintage banshee. However, people have told me that as soon as I wheelie and come down hard they will literally just snap off, personally I have gone of many jumps and done plenty of wheelies with no problems. Just wondering if anyone has ever had J arms snap off or bend. Also is it really worth it to get aftermarket J arms?

You should really consider talkin to less people who know nothing. There are all kinds of guys riding J arms hard and going pretty big off the top of dunes. Look what JD does with his .

The same people who would say something like that are the same goons to use and abuse a bike to the point of breaking with ZERO maintainence.

• Like 2

You should really consider talkin to less people who know nothing. There are all kinds of guys riding J arms hard and going pretty big off the top of dunes. Look what JD does with his. The same people who would say something like that are the same goons to use and abuse a bike to the point of breaking with ZERO maintainence.

Har!! I've broken two! Could only find pics of one (long time ago). I would agree for the most part.... If you don't plan on hitting big jumps you should be ok. This one was a 5th gear step up gone long... not a great feeling flat landing front end first at 100'plus distance! The other one a rock jumped up and bit me in 4th gear. Cartwheeling a banshee never ends well. They are weaker then a arms I've never busted an A arm.

JB weld was a joke. Yeah nobody do that! When I break stuff I upgrade... My wife hates it! I haven't had a J arm banshee for around 6yrs.

Tyler S just watch the arms, they can crack and bend when beat on. Honestly though they should be fine though.