top end build: forged or cast?

I'm thinking about buying some wiseco forged pistons for my 64.75 bore when I do my rebuild. Would that be a good piston choice for a trail bike? What would I see a difference in? And would I need longer rods. I have not been in the engine yet, but when I bought it a couple years ago he said I had hot rods, don't know the stroke.

You will see no performance gain by boring cylinders , it will run like its supposed to, if yours is beat to shit you might notice it runs better. Never just order parts , I would say leakdown your motor, tear into it, bore just what you need to but verify parts first. You want performance port it

Forged pistons are generally better, especially for a banshee. If you think about how forging works your basically squishing all of the molecules together in the manufacturing process. The nature of casting a piston can sometimes cause little air pockets inside the metal which can cause it to crack. Wiseco's are definitely the way to go, tried and true for years. Just make sure you have your piston to cylinder clearance right its different for forged pistons, usually .003". Forged pistons usually expand a little differently than cast so make sure you let ur bike warm up properly before riding. And always check your ring installed end gap before putting the engine together, I've seen a lot of motors set up because the end gap is to small.