Starting help

JayO

Hey Guys,

I just traded for my first banshee.  It was set up (poorly) as a drag bike.  Drag pipes, 38mm carbs and such.  I got PT mids, advance the timing, got a set off used stock carbs as a basket case.  I rebuilt and jetted the carbs 27.5 pilot, 300 main to start and it won't start without priming the cylinders. left pipe stay cold when it does start, can't get it close enough to start working idle.  Carb crossover is hooked up, new gas at 32-1 and new plugs. any help would be greatly appreciated..

Everyone is a expert on this website..........         I personally would check compression , secondly check spark. ( old plugs fuck up from oil )..... and your gas is obviously good.....              if all that exceeds standards i would potentially start looking at your jetting ?           

In addition to ^^^ float level and pussy clean carbs. Ya ya I know you rebuilt them,bla blah. I soak carbs in Berrymans Carb dip, then make sure that I can blow air both ways through any passage I can get at. Then make sure I can see through the jets, especially thpilot, that's one tiny ass hole. Also made sure holes on sides of emulsion/main jet tube are clear?

Went +3 on timing advance, gapped pick up. Has strong spark.. Haven't done a leak down or compression. Will do this weekend. Every body has different versions of "pussy clean" but I've cleaned it as described on this site in multiple posts I've seen. Carb cleaner, soak, compressed air etc, etc. mods haven't filled been verified. Been told it's been recently bored to .50 over supposed no port, has mod quad cool head not sure if done size yet. It was shitty before I broke it down but it kicked and idled well. I really think I'm missing something with the carbs. But if I knew I'd be answering questions not asking them...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If ya never fucked a Cass Corrider whore, ya don't know what clean pussy really is. Some think that a quick douche with a spray can is cleaning the carbs. What evah.

Gotta expect to answer questions, if you ask questions. No one ever supplies every detail in the first post.

Wait for it.

Wait.

More questions

Ohmed electrics? Sync carbs? Set pic-up gap @both nubs? Cleaned nubs? Trimed plug wires? Tried "other" new plugs? Because of the "wasted" spark, it's almost impossible to tell if you have good spark on the lazy cyl. Swaped plug wires?

Swaped carbs? Gotta be creative to do this. Slides in correct carbs? Float bowls on correct carb? Double, tripple check float level?

Clean ground at coil? Have checked ALL  connections that they are all clean and tight?

Edited by Larry's Shee

If ya never fucked a Cass Corrider whore, ya don't know what clean pussy really is. Some think that a quick douche with a spray can is cleaning the carbs. What evah.

Gotta expect to answer questions, if you ask questions. No one ever supplies every detail in the first post.

Wait for it.

Wait.

More questions

Ohmed electrics? Sync carbs? Set pic-up gap @both nubs? Cleaned nubs? Trimed plug wires? Tried "other" new plugs? Because of the "wasted" spark, it's almost impossible to tell if you have good spark on the lazy cyl. Swaped plug wires?

Swaped carbs? Gotta be creative to do this. Slides in correct carbs? Float bowls on correct carb? Double, tripple check float level?

Clean ground at coil? Have checked ALL connections that they are all clean and tight?

Wha choo kno bout da Cass Corridor foo? Ha i was just over that way the ther day. I hate going downtown more everytime i go there!

Wha choo kno bout da Cass Corridor foo? Ha i was just over that way the ther day. I hate going downtown more everytime i go there!

Well, cosidering I've never fucked an 8 mille whore, my only "reference" was the one time on Cass Ave. , some 35 yrs ago. But compared to today, that was probably "clean" pussy. Actually, that was the only "pro" I was ever with. It was a cold night, and she fucked me real good, wanted to get warmed up.

Shit, nowdays I wouldn't go to DEEtroit if they were giving away free money.

• 4 weeks later...