2 Stroke Oil Info !

fixitrod

If anyone has time, could you help me find maxima tundra R 2 stroke pre-mix for under $30 a gallon. It has to be the R. If I can't find it cheap enough, I'll just start buying it from Andy at grand river racing. I think it's $29. He has done some dyno testing and found he got more power with that oil compared to some others. It's also certified by eurpeon standards and japanese standards. I guess these are much tougher standards than the u.s. for engine reliability.

I'm going to start using this since the bearing in my crank went out. I was using semi-syenthetic pennzoil. I didn't have any problems for 3 yrs, but hey, time for a change.

Holyman-

Not starting a fight, but what's with the amsoil? I've never used it in 2 stroke, but I studied all information I could on it for vehicles.

First of all, I do believe that synthetic oil is better than "dino". However, this is my main problem with amsoil:

It's not API certified. That means if I use it in my $7000 powerstroke motor (which has a 100,000 mile warranty) at say 20,000 miles, ford can automatically void my warranty for using an oil that is not certified. Of coarse they would have to find out what kind of oil was in there, but I bet most people who buy it dont know about the certification issue, so if they were asked they would probably proudly say "Amsoil". Oops!

Back to 2-stroke- I'd like to hear from someone with experience using Schaeffers mix. (molybdenum trialkyldithiocarbamate- yes its a real word and its some slick stuff) Im probably gonna start using it in my R. If anyone can think of a good way to test 2 stroke oils I'll supply the schaeffer.

All of the info I have on the 2 stroke and other oils says they are API certified.

As far as the durability goes, Amsoil warrantees that their products will not cause the failure of the engine or they will replace the oil and the labor and parts to fix it. Of course I've never called them to prove it but at least as Tommy Boy would say... "They've got a guarantee on the box...".

Tell me which oil you're talking about for your deisel and I'll check it out. Maybe the one you're looking at isn't API.

Is Amsoil the BEST out there???

I'm sure there's some super duper oil out there that's better. Just don't know if it's as available or affordable? I'm not talking anyone into anything. I'm offering because I want to be able to give the HQ team as much bang for the buck. I don't profit from anything I sell to my bretheren on the HQ.

Holyman-

AMSOIL Series 3000 Synthetic 5W-30 Heavy-Duty Diesel Oil

Hopefully this link works otherwise go to Amsoil.com and click motor oils then the 3000 5w-30 and the click more info... http://www.amsoil.com/products/hdd.html

It says API CI-4, CF, CF-2, CG-4, CH-4, SH, SJ. Honestly I don't know what all that alphabet soup is but it says API.

If your interested in the schaeffer oils hunt down flash and flare. Thats what he runs and im prety sure he swears by it. When he ripped hsi top end down a while ago after running it for 2 years he told me that it still had all of the cross hatching on it. It looked almost like a new bore job still. He has me convinced, I just cant find a dealer up here in Canada.

My father ran Amsoil in his 18 wheeler's and I watched 2 go over 1 million miles without a rebuild. He would take oil samples and have them analyzed and that would let him know when to change the oil. Worked great for him. I just finished my first full tank of 100:1 amsoil and my shee runs great.