Banshee backfire from left cylinder

giersi8827

Hi I have an 2004 banshee its been giving me trouble it start and idle an runs good but when I give to much gas

It backfire from the left I tried every thing replaced a lot of parts to see if its go away but still the same yesterday I instaled a new stator and magneto but it doesn't start with the new magneto dont now why the old one doesn't seems to been spinning straight they told me maybe that can be it

Everything is stock

Im going to assume you have new plugs, cut back wires to caps, the slides are in properly along with proper pickup gap and clean and properly jetted carbs...

Since it sounds like you have tried a few things I would go ahead and do a leakdown test.

If your new stator and flywheel are afyermarket peices its likely they are junk. Stick to oem stuff

• 2 weeks later...

Its the ol rev it till it clears out

Like freeing up a crank...

Neighbor kid thinks he can diagnose every issue by revving the piss out of any car, truck, bike, snowmo.... It's funny really. He had a valve tick, rather then wait for his old man or I to take the cover off and see what was wrong, he just revved the hell out of it till the rocker just came right off...