G-115 rod kits

quadgod211

These rods are fucking garbage. Matter of fact these rods are the reason I got out of the sport a few years back. I put a brand new set of these rods in my engine along with a brand new pair of sleeves, bore job and pistons. Got a half a summer out of the motor before it grenaded and ruined EVERYTHING. My cylinder actually ripped the studs out of the case when it came apart. I ended up parting the bike out after that issue. I am just now putting another bike back together. Here are some pics.......look closely at the center of the first picture for the g-115 you were asking about.

Brokenrod_zpsfd2fdf77.jpg

IMG_20150113_170901_734_zpsb58d59d5.jpg

IMG_20150113_170910_676_zps1ae4d607.jpg

These rods are fucking garbage. Matter of fact these rods are the reason I got out of the sport a few years back. I put a brand new set of these rods in my engine along with a brand new pair of sleeves, bore job and pistons. Got a half a summer out of the motor before it grenaded and ruined EVERYTHING. My cylinder actually ripped the studs out of the case when it came apart. I ended up parting the bike out after that issue. I am just now putting another bike back together. Here are some pics.......look closely at the center of the first picture for the g-115 you were asking about.

yep when the rod lets go there usually aint much left to salvage. ive got a crankshaft assembly im gonna try that should be far better than any of the current available stuff. if it proves to be reliable ill let you know but i want to try it first before i start recomending untested parts. its mostly all jap components which ive had good luck with on other engines.

in the meentime you might try the gold hotrods. dont know much about em but they cant be any worse than the grey ones from taiwan

That's kinda what I'm doing too but I'm trying to beef up a wang crank I figured the webs was decent enough that if I put a good set of rods and some good case bearings on the ends it should be a decent crank for a season or so

rarely do you see any problems with webs, atleast i havent anyways. once in a blue moon youll see the flywheel snout snap off but 99% of the time it seems the rod is always the problem. with good rods and crank pin and case bearings i would think youll be fine with wang webs but then again ive never used them. vitos or hotrods webs should do the job fine i would think also.