runs, bogs, runs

Got a banshee few years ago was said to have bored over and stroked. Don't know exactly what sizes but pulls harder than stock. Anyway, rode it around and it ran great for the first summer. Went out again this last summer, and when I rode it it would run just fine, then start boggin lIke it was running outta fuel or no spark then would just bam jump right back to life for a minute then start bogging again. Looking for ideas right now as got another since, but will be tearing into it this winter.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking it was fresh fuel, at least fresh topped off, and didnt really drop coolant. Guess Ill go through whole story. First year out(no.Co. dune only quad 6000ft) ran great, second summer it started puking oil outta breather tubes all over right foot and then started the bog thing. I pulled clutch cover off and the clutch and gears off crank and seen the crank seal had failed. Replaced the seal, rode it around and it ran great again, no issues(4800ft). Following weekend took it back up to the dunes(6000ft) started up fine, warmed up fine, started riding. Did the bog thing again. That's when I quit nd got the other banshee out, lol. Didn't drain and make sure it was fresh fuel tho

Thinking it was fresh fuel, at least fresh topped off, and didnt really drop coolant. Guess Ill go through whole story. First year out(no.Co. dune only quad 6000ft) ran great, second summer it started puking oil outta breather tubes all over right foot and then started the bog thing. I pulled clutch cover off and the clutch and gears off crank and seen the crank seal had failed. Replaced the seal, rode it around and it ran great again, no issues(4800ft). Following weekend took it back up to the dunes(6000ft) started up fine, warmed up fine, started riding. Did the bog thing again. That's when I quit nd got the other banshee out, lol. Didn't drain and make sure it was fresh fuel tho

No more oil draining out though right? Its not that much of a hassle draining out the fuel. Just turn the petcock off and pop the hose through, turn the petcock on and let it drain. Then on the carbs there are screws on the bottom on the flywheel side, loosen them and your carbs will drain out. Fill up with fuel and you can return to haulin ass lol

Yea, no more oil spewing out. Found out that 2strokes have a bottom end compression as well, and that was leaking into the clutch at high rpms.

but funny how you skip over things sometimes trying to figure out problems, lol. Ill go drain fuel outta tank and carbs, clean em while I'm at it , then try again.

Yea, no more oil spewing out. Found out that 2strokes have a bottom end compression as well, and that was leaking into the clutch at high rpms.

but funny how you skip over things sometimes trying to figure out problems, lol. Ill go drain fuel outta tank and carbs, clean em while I'm at it , then try again.

Yeah sorry lol I dont know much about the bottom end

soooo you did a leakdown test on this motor after replacing the crank seal?

Just replaced the right(clutch) side seal without splitting cases. Was wanting to split cases, but replaced it without and then ran just fine no problems right after putting it back together, then a week later it failed again maybe? I know to properly replace case need to be split.

leak down test is definately in order. Plus I got different carbs and nitrous kit with this banshee, might just rebuild and go crazy.