Sabotaged 250R... Options

So I figured this might not be the best idea, but what the hell I'm already shopping for new cases...

Tried to bend it back slightly just enough to allow the alignment pin to seat.  Nope, broke right off with just a little pressure.  But now the clutch cover fits :

16897796896_b67cbb299a_c.jpgIt didn't bend by Glamisduner, on Flickr

What should I use to clean these cases?  I tried engine degreaser and carb cleaner but they both seemed to eat the paint right off it (as you can see in the pic above)

Edited by Justintoxicated

ESR sells new cases (not oem) Man if you really like the bike, that's cool. I've been down the road with these bikes and they are just not worth it imo. Good luck anyhow.

A 250r is like a fat chick

Fun to ride

But you don't want anybody to see you ridin it

If u epoxy it, grease the bolt put it all together then epoxy it, also bearings 24 hrs in the freezer , cases inside at room temp 65-70* and they will almost fall in light tapping if anything

I was thinking to just put the dowl pin in place (it's a fairly tight fit), maybe put some grease and suran wrap over it.  Then, fill the broken area with alumbond epoxy http://www.amazon.com/Hy-Poxy-H-45-Alumbond-Aluminum-Repair/dp/B001J9MO6O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1427329104&sr=8-1&keywords=aluminum+putty.

Then shape the top and new built up area flat with file / sandpaper.

What do you think?

Yea, new bearings in the freezer, and maybe heat up the case where they go.  But how do I get the old bearings out?  Torch  the surrounding case area?  or will I need to purchase a blind bearing puller?  They seem to be priced around $100

Edited by Justintoxicated

I like marine-tek grey , holds up to fuel great and I've used everything else and solely use this now. If I have to fill cases for trenching I use Wes - epoxy with aluminum etcher just cause of the ability to mix greater amounts at a time Wes systems have a large variety of uses and products, sorry for going on tangent