Seems to be losing a little transmission oil and it's not leaking

mvvette97

I noticed on my banshee that I have to add just a little oil to the tranny sometimes. It's not very much but just a little. I can ride all day and it will stay full but like over a month it will be down a bit. Any idea what could be going on? It doesn't have excessive smoke like it's sucking it through a seal or the cases and I don't see any leaks. Anybody have this problem ever?

I noticed on my banshee that I have to add just a little oil to the tranny sometimes. It's not very much but just a little. I can ride all day and it will stay full but like over a month it will be down a bit. Any idea what could be going on? It doesn't have excessive smoke like it's sucking it through a seal or the cases and I don't see any leaks. Anybody have this problem ever?

If you're riding all day and not losing any oil, a seal shouldn't be your problem.

It is down on the stick just a little after a long day of hard riding but not much. It doesn't seem to be smoking bad or anything and runs great. if it would be the seal can it be changed just by removing the clutch cover and all that stuff or does the case need to be split to get the seal out?

I'm guessing that's what it is. I'm trying to figure out what all seals and gaskets I need to order so I can get them on their way. I have a 4mil stroker and a guy is telling me i need to order the spacer plate and base gaskets which is supposed to be .060 thick but i just went out and looked and i swear there is not spacer between the jugs and case. Just looks like a single base gasket.

well got it torn down and found that the crank seal on the clutch side was junk. So I know for sure what the problem is. Was thinking of just installing a new crank while I am in there. Mine seems fine but since I have it torn down this far I may just do it

So...curious you said there wasn't a spacer plate, correct? Is it ported? Are you sure it's a 4 mil crank?

no there was no spacer plate and yes it's ported. I have the crank out beside me on the floor here and yea its a 4mm long rod. Is what they did was had the domes machined out for the pistons from what I can tell. Here are a couple pics

Picture1111141151_1_zpsbe55e93e.jpg

Picture1111141153_1_zps1d5128bb.jpg