Own a Banshee in CT but may be moving to PA

sr73087

I purchased my banshee in CT, where you only receive a bill of sale with ATV purchases. However, I may be moving to PA, if I want to register it there, is there anyway to do this without having a title? I know there are probably some good PA websites that explain some of this, but I figured some people on here may have first hand experience.

You can call a number right now and find out...

Google DCNR for PA...give them your VIN...and they will say come get a title as long as it isnt stolen or it doeant have a lien on it...other than that you can go right in and get title same day....

did you buy the banshee new?

should be able to get a title if you have a the BOS notorized from the seller. at least that is how it works in ohio.

No, I bought it used a few months back. I have a signed bill of sale, can I have that notorized after the fact?

I don't have any of my atvs registered. I'm sure there is a way to go about it, however I'm not sure. Unless you are going to get it insured I would not worry about it. Where in pa are you moving to?

Most likely Downingtown area outside philly.

You can call a number right now and find out...

Google DCNR for PA...give them your VIN...and they will say come get a title as long as it isnt stolen or it doeant have a lien on it...other than that you can go right in and get title same day....

It doesn't matter that the original sale did not originate in PA? Not really sure how all this information flows between states.

It doesn't matter that the original sale did not originate in PA? Not really sure how all this information flows between states.

If it was never titled in PA it does not matter...all you need is a bill of sale with address and a phone number with a price so they can fuck you in taxes..they also want the bike there or a vin tracing but we all know the pain in the ass trying to get a vin tracing off of a yamaha.....

even if it was titled in PA and the title is MIA there are 3 requirements to get a title

Not stolen

No liens

Tjey will send a certified letter to the last known owner at the last known address...if the last owner does not respond in 14 days the title becomes "open" and you can put it directly in your name...

I have 3 banshees and none of them had titles when I bought them...but I ran the vins before purchase with DCNR to verify they were clean...sent my information in and titles within 6 weeks

• Like 1

If it was never titled in PA it does not matter...all you need is a bill of sale with address and a phone number with a price so they can fuck you in taxes..they also want the bike there or a vin tracing but we all know the pain in the ass trying to get a vin tracing off of a yamaha.....

even if it was titled in PA and the title is MIA there are 3 requirements to get a title

Not stolen

No liens

Tjey will send a certified letter to the last known owner at the last known address...if the last owner does not respond in 14 days the title becomes "open" and you can put it directly in your name...

I have 3 banshees and none of them had titles when I bought them...but I ran the vins before purchase with DCNR to verify they were clean...sent my information in and titles within 6 weeks

great info^^ this is 200% correct with how it works in PA. Dcnr just wants the money.
  • Like 1

Thats really good news. The taxes are normal sales tax in PA 6.0% right?

6 percent yes...and thats a one time tax as long as you own it...I know you guys get fucked paying a yearly tax on your cars and shit...a lot of my family is from CT and they always bitch about that

• 2 years later...

I registered my banshee in Pa since NJ sucks donkey dicks on that process. All I had was a bill of sale and the original Certificate of Origin. They took only my bill of sale and a photo of the vin# on the frame. Just make sure you get the bill of sale notarized and you are good. $20 for registration for 2 years, and I believe another $20 for the tittle plus taxes. 

Did it all over the phone and fax machine. They sent me a plate too. :headbang: