Chasing a vibration problem

Blowtie316

I rode this thing all day yesterday and the more I think about it, the more I think the vibration is slower than crankshaft speed. Im going to pull the clutch cover off and check everything out.

I wonder if I can get it started with the clutch basket removed to rule out the crank. I know I won't be able to kick or pull start but maybe i can get it going with a drill or something. Might be a lil sketchy.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

you can decrease vibration with ample isolators. going by your screen name i assume you're use to getting a car/truck engine balanced to where you feel little harmonics through the cab. nothing about these banshee motors are balanced. i use oem hangers for pipes, rubber isolated engine struts, engine washers etc also bar choice and they even offer dampened bar risers.  if it's going to be a rider.... drag bike i just deal with it. been on bike that would make your arms and legs damn near fall asleep when everything was rigid mounted.

Im not worried about felt vibration. Im just worried that it will rattle itself apart. It shakes plastic and makes the handlebars blurry.

I get that its going to vibrate, this just seems excessive.

Is it going to be worse with a serval top end and cpi inframes?

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

No  I haven't checked them.  I honestly cant see how they would increase felt vibration when they're worn unless the engine iss moving so much it rubs metal to metal somewhere which isn't happening.

The engine itself vibrates much harder than what I feel in the pegs and bars.  If I put my foot on the clutch cover it shakes the shit out of it.

Seems like you have tried everything else but what I said. And yes you would feel it if it's worn . I'm not someone who has one banshee and seen it on my friends bike or heard about it. I have built 100s of banshee motors and done my fair share of chassis work. I don't see them go often but when they do they feel like what your explaining last yr I built around 30 motors , one had bad dampners , it's not all that common but does happen. In my mind I don't how you can't understand how they would effect felt vibration ,

Seems like you have tried everything else but what I said. And yes you would feel it if it's worn . I'm not someone who has one banshee and seen it on my friends bike or heard about it. I have built 100s of banshee motors and done my fair share of chassis work. I don't see them go often but when they do they feel like what your explaining last yr I built around 30 motors , one had bad dampners , it's not all that common but does happen. In my mind I don't how you can't understand how they would effect felt vibration ,

Thanks for your resume'.  At this time, I am not worried about how much vibration could be transmitted to the chassis through weak isolators.  I am trying to determine if the vibration I have is normal or excessive.  As it is now, it doesn't seem like it would last very long.

Degree wheel and a top dead center guage, and I'm not trying to be a dick! Just some insight. It's hard to get true runout with crank installed in all the areas needed to eliminate crank problems. With it out and in a true stand you can check the inner bearings which is where I see most runout issues on stock cranks