Sand drag Newb need some info

Fatboy

Troy is spot on. You say you want a drag bike, but right now you have a trail bike and a weak one at that. Troy has a pretty common and effective combo wrote out from motor to tires. That is probably the best route to go. Gonna have to do a lot of research if you wanna go fast consistantly for bracket classes.

Also, yes to your drag and hill set up. Just build a suspended set up you can bang the hills on then put struts on for drag day.

youll be faster with stock carbs then that 2 in to 1. get rid of the pipe. hill climbin i assume your not gonna run struts lol. but it takes no time to swap shocks. if its the hill climbs were your jumpin i dont think that single a arm setup would hold up. welded crank. drag port. modded stock head or cool head. fresh pistons. strip her down get a swingarm and run her.buy a drag axle too, pro wedges or haulers, drag cut wheels spindle mounts etc. and carbs. id do engine and swingarm first

Ya, no offense. But you're OP, you're a big dude. Single arms set up for you is sketchy at best. Especially if you wanna run whooped out hills. Don't forget open enrollment for health care is in the next couple weeks if that's the route you choose.

• Like 1

I think my first year at this I am going to just rebuild the motor. Welded and trued crank New top end 4 mil with drag port. Cool head. I need carbs I have the stock with the tors on them still really really want to get rid of them. So not sure what carbs to buy? Going to keep the front stock suspension. Going with Tyson rear swing arm +8 or +10. Then I might spring for the rear axle this year and I need front and read tires