Crank woodruff key

ETR174

I took my flywheel off today to check on my timing plate after modding mine and the flywheel key snapped in half and also my timing was off by a degree (sorry sprinklerman). I found my dremel so I tried to drill it out more and two of the holes accidently went all the way through so I ordered a Matoon adjustable plate. Anyone know the woodruff key size for the flywheel? I may be able to get it from my local hardware store just need to know the size.890a7536ad20b108ac3e6bd2c28de050.jpg

Well I didn't really know to put it on so I just made sure it sat fine, out the flywheel on and gave the nut hell with an electric impact lol. That's another question I was going to ask was how do you install it?

They are a touch smaller than anything you will find. Not worth the trouble to buy one and modify it. Get a OEM, and a new nut, just cuz.

Make sure the large side will slide easily in the flywheel when it is still off.

Set the key in the crank (round side in the crank)

The top of the key should be level with the ground NOT follow the taper of the crank.

Flywheel should slide on over the key easily.

so your keyway is a bit fucked out and your thinking, get something a bit bigger and shave it down so in fits snug?

judging by your timing plate mod what fucking chance do you have of making non OEM parts work on your bike?

so buying a brand new key and torqing the the flywheel by hand instead of rattlegunning the shit out of it is not an option...

you`ve been lucky so far that you havent burnt that motor down....luck runs out

• Like 1

so your keyway is a bit fucked out and your thinking, get something a bit bigger and shave it down so in fits snug?

judging by your timing plate mod what fucking chance do you have of making non OEM parts work on your bike?

so buying a brand new key and torqing the the flywheel by hand instead of rattlegunning the shit out of it is not and option...

you`ve been lucky so far that you havent burnt that motor down....luck runs out

Yeah I'm not sure how its still good. I finally got to compression testing it and got 125 psi on both cyl. My cousin was a dipshit when I asked him what the compression was after he rebuilt it last.