Black Pipes

streetshee

If you're concerned about the chrome tipping the cops off then paint whatever pipes you feel like running. If you're doing street riding, you could get away with a good top end pipe like the Toomey. The advantage with them too is you can get the Hush Kit if sound level is a concern and still stick with the whole Toomey package. They are a great pipe and if they came in stainless, I'd go back to them from the Trinity's I have now. The problem with almost any pipe I've seen except the few stainless pipes out there is that they all wind up looking crappy and rusty after a while anyway and could use a coat of paint or some of that ceramic coating. In my opinion, you're just as well off getting a set of pipes that are used and need a paint job and just paint 'em. If you want the paint off, paint stripper will do the job fast. If you want a stock looking aftermarket pipe, I'd go with the Paul Turner pipes {never run them but alot of people are very happy with them} or a 2:1 pipe because if it only comes out one side you're 50% less likely to have the pipes ever even seen ;) a few bucks on a couple cans of Barbeque Black paint and you're ready to ride. Touch ups are easy too :)

You can get PT, Trinity, Toomey, and I'm sure a few others w/ either black or no finish and just get them powder coated for $75 bucks....make sure you get the 1200degree powdercoat and not the 400degree...the 400 degree temp will peel by the cylinders...