negative swing arm?

m671054

Right now new18" douglas mx. Ordering kenda klaws just trying to iron out size. Either 20 or 22" depending on what will fit the arm needed for traction.

Don't think I'd go with 22" tires.  My 20 inch Kenda Klaw XCR's are over 21 inches tall as they sit on my bike @ 4.5 PSI.   I actually have three sets of 20x11 tires and they all vary in both width and height.  Just something to think about.

I also have a -1 swinger that I haven't gotten around to installing yet.   If I get that done this weekend, I'll send you some pics of the clearance between the tires and my nerf bars.  Doesn't seem like clearing the pegs would ever be an issue but the heel guards on my nerfs lean way back

Mount the Klaw's on the bike in the soft terrain direction. Seems to work better for me even on hard terrain. Unless your racing mx, tt, ice or something like that I really see no benefit in running a shorter swingarm. Eat more and scoot back on the seat. :)  I ran a + 2" for a while and couldn't really tell a big difference in my bike versus stock.  I definitely would not spend the $ on a -1" arm.

getting a -1 swinger and +1 forward a-arms makes the bike fly way better and hit whoops much better.  you basically move the motor up on inch and that makes the weight balance shit tons better

-1 swinger and +1 forward a arms?

I'm building a banshee now making it the best I can to jump

I have a stock swing arm an am looking to get better a arms for jumping

Do u think a -1 swing arm is worth it ? Do u really think it flys way better cause I like too fly

Well ride report on the klaws is decent. Went out today and road big nasty hills and trails in terrain that just sucked. Was like rutted out hardpac with some gravel. The tires did well. No real wear form about 5 hrs of abuse. They slide very controllably at about 4 psi. Traction was better than i wouldve expected given ground conditions. On some of the steeper technical stuff i was having problems lifting the front end so a -1 is off the list. I guess it really depends on the terrain you ride. I will have to try and find some vids of this spot.

So far most riding spots local to me are in very rugged and steep terrain. Hill climbs i would guess to be about 200-300 feet long are all over.

Def going to get the front arms soon. But im going to hold off until after i can test out riding during good ground conditions. Thanks for the input

Gotta get a helmet cam and get some footage up