vibration after rebuild?

RooR

I just got my banshee put back together after porting and adding a cool head. it started right up...idles fine sounds good except there is a noticeable rattling/vibration...also im not sure that it is circulating coolant the coolant lines feel limp....

the bottom end seemed really tight when i took it apart and the water pump was fine.

do I have to prime the cooling system?

I am worried that my chariot cool head didnt seal properly...also wondering if the crank could be out of true?  

the pistons never seized just very low compression...they were the stock bore pistons

how would a leak cause a vibration when it runs fine?

19cc domes on 110octane +4 timing

ported by HJR everything chamfered

to me it doesn't seem like the coolant system is circulating at all...there is coolant in the line up by the pump cover

the vibration isn't very abrupt...more subtle but i definitely notice it

no noticeable white smoke to indicate leaking coolant?

Edited by RooR

i didnt touch anything in the bottom end...

would going from stock to a ported/high compression engine make a difference with vibration? it was very smooth running before the rebuild... i noticed it as soon as i started it up for the first time.....i may just be paranoid?

who fukn knows how many hours are on that stock bottom end it could be on its last legs, even a fresh stock unwelded yamaha crank will stuggle to survive good porting, it will separate...go out of phase...boom

the general rule is once you go past bolt on mods is you sort the bottom end out with a rebuilt trued and welded stock crank or aftermarket

i think you might of built a timebomb

i didnt touch anything in the bottom end...

would going from stock to a ported/high compression engine make a difference with vibration? it was very smooth running before the rebuild... i noticed it as soon as i started it up for the first time.....i may just be paranoid?

Sure, that could rattle the crank apart or out of phase if it wasn't pulled apart and welded.

You were told like 10 times in your other thread to pull the crank and have it checked and welded.

You already had 19cc domes race gas and +6° timing on that crank.

Now you have porting done. Your not gonna baby the bike.

Not saying this is your issue, but it's high possibility your gonna be dealing with it relatively soon.

guys i know that the bottom end needs beefed up but, the crank hasnt twisted yet....its made this vibration since the second i first started it after rebuild....its only been ran at idle so far