Psi Pipes

mrmatt

Nope; They are supposd to be pretty decent from what I have seen. The dirtwheels report last years also seemed prety pleased with them. I have a 89 Banshee that was ported by PSI back in 98 and the bike runs sweet and the ports are smooth and perfect. A great running machine. Nevere given me any motor problems

Chris

I run PSI pipes. They run way bettter than when I had FMF pipes. They feel like my friends bike who runs T5's. YOu are both right in the fact that not many people use them. I dont know why...magazines talk highly of them and PSI is known for their porting. They recommend their pipe with stock and ported motors.

I read the good review in Dirtwheels and actually called them to order a set about a year ago. But they were all out and weren't going to have any more for a few months. I decided not to let them hold my money for a few months and never got around to calling them back. I was wanting to hear how they actually perform in the real world. You can never take the manufacturer's word, they all say that theirs is the best and the Magazines aren't always trustable either. I swear that some magazine editors make more money from endorsements than their salary as an editor.

They run way bettter than when I had FMF pipes. They feel like my friends bike who runs T5's.

So are they more of a top end pipe? Most things that I read make me believe that they are more of an all-around pipe with decent low and mid-range pull. Which FMF pipes did you have before?

Have you guys had any problems with the ceramic coating? How does it clean up? I put a set of ceramic coated headers on a '69 Cougar and when the transmission leaked on them, it caused the coating to flake off. It didn't really matter that much, because you couldn't see it unless you were under the car, but it would be very obvious on the banshee pipes.

This is my first banshee and it came with FMF fatties. I put the PSI pipes on and they have more all - around power. An article I read a while back said that PSI pipes would be excellent for trail riding. I don't know about MX riding. I'm assuming that trail riding would be low end power...but they pull way harder than FMF fatties which are supposed to be low end pipes.

I had my pipes chromed and sprayed the inside with high temp spray so they wouldn't change colors. I called PSI for some porting prices and they claim that their pipe works with ported motors very well.

I just called PSI and they don't make them anymore. :huh:

Thanks for your replies, but I guess I won't be ordering a set. I have tried to order them twice now, I guess they don't want my money. This must be why so few people use them. That's too bad, they looked great on the dyno chart and had excellent reviews.