clutch lost tension- nee clutch 10 minutes ago.

02Bansheeee

So here's how it went.I put the clutch in, how the clymers manual says. I soaked the clutch steels, fibers, cushions, and springs in oil overnight. Installed them it earlier today & noticed that the hex bolt that alligns In the pressure plate was not seated. Tried to tap it out with a rubber mallet, no luck. Figured that's how it was when I took it off.. but I had the clutch arm adjusted to the arrow and put everything together. After I took it down my road the second time, easily going through gears, the clutch lever pulled all the way back to the grips, not engaging the clutch at all, causing me to be stuck in 3rd gear all the way home. What the hell happened? I got a feeling it has something to do with that nut that's supposed to fit into the pressure plate?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replys, the adjuster nut backed off. Put blue threadlocker on it and took it down my street to make sure it was working right. Took off fine and engaged properly when I pulled it in. Then when I pulled in the clutch to shift back down to 1st, the wheels locked up and it stalled. Clutch lever got loose again. I threadlocked the nut in front of the pressure plate. I got itinto what I thought was neutral and put it in gear and tried to take off to get back home? Now the clutch won't disengage!!! WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!? it was fine and just went out! Any thoughts before I open the cover again? I've never had a clutch install go this bad...

• 3 weeks later...