Motion pro throttle cable not keeping carbs in sync

mvvette97

Anybody have any trouble with their motion pro throttle cables? I run the 35mm pwk carbs and I have been having trouble keeping the carbs in sync. It will start sounding funny so I look and one slide is higher than the other when they are lifted. Now if I open and close the throttle several times it will go back in sync. It's like there is a problem where the one cable goes in to that piece where it splits off to two cables like it is possibly sticking or something. There is no fray in the cables. After chasing my tail changing the wide open sync several times I finally found it was a problem in the cable. So now I have it all in sync again. Will be running perfect then from time to time start sounding like one cylinder is trying to run faster than the other. Couple flips of the throttle put it back to normal and lets the carb slides be even again. Is this a common problem with these motion pro cables? Seems to be poor quality.

What adjusters are you using on the carb tops. I've never had a motion pro junk out on me with any less then a few seasons.

It has the silver steel adjusters. Maybe this cable is just getting old. It was on there when I bought it.