Jetting For Sea Level

Is it a single K&N? Airbox lid on or off? No snorkel on the lid if it's on, right?

If it is a single K&N in the airbox with no lid, I'd start with 340 mains, 30 pilots, airscrews 1.5 turns out, and needles in the stock clip position. Should be a safely rich starting point, assuming around 32:1 premix ratio and average (60-80F) temps. Got some stuff in the Jetting FAQ if you want to check it out. Good luck.

Is it a single K&N?  Airbox lid on or off?  No snorkel on the lid if it's on, right?

If it is a single K&N in the airbox with no lid, I'd start with 340 mains, 30 pilots, airscrews 1.5 turns out, and needles in the stock clip position.  Should be a safely rich starting point, assuming around 32:1 premix ratio and average (60-80F) temps.  Got some stuff in the Jetting FAQ if you want to check it out.  Good luck.

Thanks for the reply. It is a single K&N with a foam pre-filter over it. No air box. I looked at one of the main and it looked like a "290"......the 9 is hard to read, at first I thought it was a 0....

• 17 years later...

After reading your post and the answers you received, I'm interested in knowing what was your original jets starting point in jet sizes you had in the carbs prior to the change so as to see the differences and increase percentage.. I have basically the same set-up you do, except my Airbox as yours, has a single K&N, but my lid, is also a K&N filtered lid...I also have a ProTec kit in my OEM bored to 28mm Mikuni carbs and my regular (non Pismo) set-up is stock idle jet, 410 mains and clip on the top highest location. So I'm thinkin for Pismo, bringing the clip to the center location and installing a 430 main...don't have an idle jet that's larger than stock, so maybe get a 30 like your post suggestions state...the ProTec kit doesn't affect idle, so I feel "stock" numbers apply there...