Need a UNI 2 with pre filters for stock carbs

I was at the track yesterday and it was really dusty. I only followed a few bikes for a short while. I was talking to a guy about K&N's and he said they don't filter fine dust. I pulled one off my bike and he put his finger inside, curled it and wiped it. Sure enough it was dirty. I was looking on ebay for some uni's for banshee but they are shorter and no pre filters. Where can I get a set that's at least 6" long with outwears?

They are real K&N's. I properly cleaned them and oiled them. I called my builder this morning and discussed it with him and he agrees that K&N's don't filter fine dust and will eat up a motor in time. He said they only use them in Arenas or no dust conditions.

Edited by turbowrenchhead

I called my builder this morning and discussed it with him and he agrees that K&N's don't filter fine dust and will eat up a motor in time. He said they only use them in Arenas or no dust conditions.

Oh really? Jay at IPS?

Outerwear filter down to .005"... particulates that small won't "eat up" a motor.

• 1 month later...

Outerwears for what the K&N's or UNI's? UNI's don't use outerwears, like mentioned earlier the outer layer (red) acts as an outerwear. My bike has run a UNI filter in the stock airbox for 15 years and NEVER has there been any shit getting into the intake. It's been riden on sand, dirt, mud, snow and nothing has ever happened. Yeah it looks like shit but it works.

The outwears would be for water repellant from puddles. I have not been able to find a set with outwears. Does anyone know where they can be purchased as a set?

You can buy outerwears for just about any filter out there whether it's car, truck, marine, Atv, etc. Just know the dimensions of what you're covering and you're good.