Rebuild tools

MoronG

My toolbox exactly. With 3 spare brand new flywheel keys still Iin Yamaha bags, 2 spare plugs, all my spare jets, 2 extra master links (1 X-ring style 1 non O-ring style) and a sharp pocket knife.

There is a whole rubbermaid container of larger support items that geos with as well.

No tire plugs?

No tire plugs?

LOL

No.......I bring spare sets of wheel/tires. LOL

I've taco'd rims and busted beads in the past.

Much easier to just swap them out and do the repairs at home.

....and a Dewalt 18v impact comes with too....but I was just listing stuff that fits in the "Toolbox". LOL

What does the compression test actually mean? Same with leak down test?

Compression test basically tells you that the piston/rings are in fact capable of properly squeezing the air fuel mixture before the Big Bang. If the motor is weird and you wanna know that you didn't burn a cylinder down you check it real quick to be sure it's got life. So say a stockish bike with a shaved head normally kicks 150 and you know his cuz you check it since you maintain the bike..... So it runs weird at the dunes and gets hot. Maybe even seizes but let's go. You're not sure if it's toast. It starts but how do you know what damage was done? Throw the gauge on it and say maybe one side kicks 120 and the other is like 80. You would know you torched the rings. Hell, you could kick 150 and like 12, so you'd pretty much expect a piece of the piston to be gone. Maybe a hole burned through or hammered through by deto.

You also hear guys use it to pick their fuel and gauge how much timing they can get away with. Often you get guys with an argument that you're not supposed to use the cranking compression and that you should use the calculated compression. There are more complex terms but I'm a fucking simpleton so I'll keep that way. To an extent that is a valid argument as there are lots of variables. The thing is, there are so many combos out there for banshees hat have already been done that if you're around them enough and know the mods of a certain set up, you know what it should commonly kick so in my opinion I think it can be used as a means of fuel selection and guesstimating if you can give a little bit of timing.

• Like 1

So I typed dat fo nuffin?

Yep.