Rebuild tools

MoronG

What are all the tools u need to disasemble an re assemble my banshee motor an everything .I don't own a wrench but I am prob ganna buy a motor an learn on my old one if that makes sence..so I am going to need some tools ...how much would I need to spend on tools to have everything I needed to do my own maintainence an stuff

Clutch/flywheel tools

200 piece tool kit with metric sockets, wrenches, allens and your usual screwdrivers.

13/16 ratcheting box end wrench for ease in pulling spark plugs.

CRAFTSMAN here in the states makes a nice kit that includes a 3 drawer plastic toolbox with lid storage. That kit plus the flywheel/clutch tools and you are about set.

• Like 1

How much is all that ya reckon

I reckon you can buy that at a store near you.

Maybe different brands....but I'm sure they have some nice stuff somewhere.

I might have to get you the clutch/flywheel tools.

• Like 1

CRAFTSMAN here in the states makes a nice kit that includes a 3 drawer plastic toolbox with lid storage. That kit plus the flywheel/clutch tools and you are about set.

^ This is the exact kit I picked up years ago to have a portable tool box with me every where. I use it to be mobile at the track, off the tow rig in the trails, working on friends stuff at their place instead of mine, etc. Really is about the most bang for the buck kit. I'll snap a pic later.

Things I've added that are banshee specific:

- Clymer manual

- 32 mm impact socket

- Yamaha flywheel puller (DO NOT USE A 3 JAW PULLER

- Spring puller

- sheet metal ring compressor

- pick tool set

- Feeler gauges

- Compression gauge

- LOCTITE

- Lapping Compound

- Mini file set

- Wire spark plug gapper

The big box was $150 on sale at X Mas. Puller is about $25, and the 32mm is probably 8-20 depending on who made it . About everything else can be had at a bargain and isn't NEEDED.... But it's preferred. I like having all my buddies tell me they have every thing I need in their big well equipped garages. Of course they get insulted when I show up with my little plastic "TOY" box and happen to have the puller and 32mm that their mega garage didn't.

^ This is the exact kit I picked up years ago to have a portable tool box with me every where. I use it to be mobile at the track, off the tow rig in the trails, working on friends stuff at their place instead of mine, etc. Really is about the most bang for the buck kit. I'll snap a pic later.

Things I've added that are banshee specific:

- Clymer manual

- 32 mm impact socket

- Yamaha flywheel puller (DO NOT USE A 3 JAW PULLER

- Spring puller

- sheet metal ring compressor

- pick tool set

- Feeler gauges

- Compression gauge

- LOCTITE

- Lapping Compound

- Mini file set

- Wire spark plug gapper

My toolbox exactly. With 3 spare brand new flywheel keys still Iin Yamaha bags, 2 spare plugs, all my spare jets, 2 extra master links (1 X-ring style 1 non O-ring style) and a sharp pocket knife.

There is a whole rubbermaid container of larger support items that geos with as well.