lectron metering rod anyone know what size metering rod was in the 40mm moto fast 2into1 setup

I was wondering if anyone knows what size metering rod was in this setup i just put a 38mm lectron on my 2into1 setup trying to get a good starting point someone told me i should Be running a 0-2XL i have full pipes coolhead with 22cc domes fmf ram valve pipes are t5s running pod filter at sea level. Any input. Would be nice first lectron iv had love those. Carbs

The PE-1 is an alky needle. You will need to take a GOOD look at the graph for lectrons that shows the fueling for the various rods. Make an educated guess at what you need and go from there.

With this being a 2/1 carb if imagine you might be pretty close if you find a PE1 needle that N2O just mentioned. Reason being, many of the 2/1 set ups wind up with the same needles you would use on a bike that has 2 carbs on alky. Not saying it'll be perfect, but it could be in the ball park.

A 02XL is a(very lean) third-generation lectron gas needle. A PE1 is Dennis' smallbore alcohol needle. There's 100 different needles on the lectron graph, Dennis only has a few for common alcohol applications. He doesn't really tell people where his needles come from on the graph, theyre similar to some but they're mostly his own cut.

How many cc's is your motor. , and what fuel do you wanna run ...gas .. Alcohol...?

CottonBranchRacing

Its 40over i run av gas think its 101 octane or 99 octane it runs now with the needle in it it doesnt say what it is on it the carb was on a Harley shovel head i screwed the rod all the way out wouldn't start then tryed all the way in fired right up idles mint but live in a quiet neighbourhood so cant do any 6gear passes to see if its cutting out on top but revs up quick sounds good just dont wont to blow it up brand new top end in it

My friend has a 40mm Lectron (single), with that excavator(?) snomo manifold. Stock ported reed cages. Stock milled head. "dune" ported 65,5/54, and T5's. 155psi, 93 pump gas at 350-500ft asl.

He has 2-6 metring rod. It was close but not prfect. He still needs to open power-jet littlebit.

Stock cylinder. Looking to get it ported was gunna do it my self but the hole keeping everything the same is probably pretty Tuff. my boy got a 400 Athena jug for sale i might get .Nice ima try a 2-5 and a 2-6 i all ready bought A 0-2 but from what u guys are saying that's gunna be way to lean

try them all.

you can also do the trade in dealw ith lectron.  you can get 4-5 needles  send back the ones that dont work and just pay for the one that does. 

the 0-2 may be needed for the much stronger pull on the carb from a 2-1.  i personally would just either get another 40 and run a pair  OR get a set of 34/36, 36/36, 36/38's  if you want more low end really the 30/30, 30/32, 32/34 works great  i ran 30's on my old dunner 421 they were a fun carb

You are correct on the way the stockers ran against the 2/1.

The 2/1 is....... Well, not worth the learning curve. Most guys I know spend so much time trying to get them dialed in with the finicky mid range tuning, they could of looked on here in the jetting section, made one set of changes and been 90% in a quater of the time spent tuning.