Another Silver Lake ?

How sharp/strict are they on spark arrestors?

Have FMF silencers with SS drain screen. :whistling:  so it will pass the stick test.

But do they look for the USFS stamp also? Does it depend who's at the gate? How they feel? Did they get laid last night? LOL

Or should he just throw his stock silencers on and be safe? He's taking them no matter.

Any other tips on having an easy entry in would be most welcome !!

Thanks for all advice so far.

Yes they will check the spark arrestor. I don't think it needs the US forest stamp on it. Mine have them and they stick their stick in it anyways. I do not remember the diameter of the stick, I think you will be ok with what you have.

I would be more worried about the noise if they checked that.

The earlier you get there seems the better chance of no-one being at the entrance. maybe not going to happen on a weekend though.

From what I've heard they're pretty anal about sparkys, I had to order some for my self cause I don't plan on taking an 8 hr trip to be turned around. Also they require the 10 ft safety flag. (I'm sure you knew that) I'll be buying one at the local performance store when I get there

Yes, on FMF'S they know it needs to say turbine core.

They even have software that lists all the spark approved silencers.

I watched them use it to verify that the silencer

On a dirtbike was NOT equipped with a spark arrestor....even though it passed the prob test.

DNR new it shouldn't have passed.

If you can find them.. Since they stopped making them I've been hording as many as I can find.

So, You're THAT guy!

Haha, I hear that. I made a pair that looked so fucking sweet for my old FMFs. They looked like FMF designed them. I wonder if the fella who bought those pipes just pitched the caps

well fuck me, :down:

Guess the kid needs to find some TC2s, oval sparkys, or bolt up the stock silencers.

I really do apreciate all the straight forward answers

:thanks::thanks:

FMF TURBINE CORE SILENCERS FTW!

I was thinking about turning new aluminum end caps for my Rocket R1 silencers.... My plan was to make the end caps and put the SS screen in the end of them... Or make the end caps 2" longer so I can clamp a Sparky on and not scratch the shit out of the end of my silencers....

I was thinking about turning new aluminum end caps for my Rocket R1 silencers.... My plan was to make the end caps and put the SS screen in the end of them... Or make the end caps 2" longer so I can clamp a Sparky on and not scratch the shit out of the end of my silencers....

Best way. That's how I did my FMF's. I looked last night at a bunch of different universal two stroke silencer parts and pieces. Tons of cool ideas out there. In the end, I bet there would be a pretty decent market for guys to start turning new end caps for the common brands and adding the little cone sparkys to them. There is even USFS approved screw in arrestors now.