stock banshee problem comes and goes?

Ok so today I took her out went threw the gears a couple of times rippin shit up and in 3rd or 4th gear right away it hits real high in power band and but no rise in speed or anything then for the rest of gears is just complete loss of power and bogging down , that only when im really tearin threw the geara, if I slow down and take it easy then go threw them fast again problem seems to go away anybody have any idea what could be going on? Hoppin its just carbs but would like some opinions, carb drain screw usually leaks out hose when gas turned on and quad is idling, if that helps

Isn't this the mirical banshee that fixes itsself?

Duh, unplugging the tors brain is the first thing you should have tried.

Do a little searching and reading, you'll find a list of things to do and check. I don't feel ilke listing them all right now.

Maybe someone will, dunno.

But I will suggest a leakdown test and close inspection of the carb boots.

Lol seems like it does fix itself evert now and then but okay will do

You sound like a chick who says the brakes on her car stopped squeeling ever since she turned the radio up.......

• Like 2

Intermittant problems can be the worst to solve.

It sound like a fuel delivery issue. So we'll start with that.

Fuel tank cap. Can you easily blow through the hose? When attacked to cap? Does the cap rattle when you shake it? (Roll-over anti-spill device, most people gut the cap)

Remove fuel lines frm carb and place ends in one quart or larger glass jar. Fuel should flow at constant rate until jar is full. If not, tank/petcock is problem. Reguardless, clean petcock and fuel tank. You could reuse fuel if you strain it somehow. (Paper towel in funnel into clean container) Make sure your gas can is spotless too!!

Fuel lines don't have weird dips or kinks?

Next is carbs. They have to be spotless. Do one carb at a time as parts are different, but will fit in wrong carb. I prefer Berrymans carb dip to soak them. NO plastic or rubber in it though. Must completely dissasemble carb, pilot jet, air screw, choke, emulsion tube/needle jet, float needle valve seat must come out.

Let each carb soak a good while, one hour or more each. make sure you can see through pilot jet, the wire from a bread bag tie works good for cleaning.

Look in Jetting/exhaust forum, might be link for carb cleaning, if not U-tube JL sparky, I know he has a how-to.

Clean float needle seat with white toothpaste and Q-tip, inspect O ring.

I like to blow compressed air through ALL little holes/passages both ways (just to be sure). If you don't have a compressor, get a can or two of computer duster shit.

Fuck,just lost half my reply :(

Smoke time , bbl

Where the fuck was I ?? :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:

Set float height. This is a very precise measurement. Measure from flat of carb body, not little raised rib.Measure between square end and round end. ( <Made those mistakes) 

While carbs are apart write down main and pilot sizes.

List ALL mods. Type of air filter, no lid/lid w/wo snorkel. Etc.

While you have carbs off you're halfway to doing a leakdown test, at least inspect carb boots for cracks, flex them to see.

Be sure to install mainjet washer, main jet slosh baffle, and choke crossover tube.

Come back when you have done ALL of this.

Have you tried new plugs? Reguardless, clean and set your fuel system

Popcorn...check!

LOL

He's 21 and just joined....

Probably only logging on with a phone....

Doesn't see anyone's post count....

Has no idea that he is a tadpole that just jumped into the deep end of the pool......with the sharks. LOL

For those who remember the 04zSpittingKlots exchange......I've just switched from Zone to Man coverage.

• Like 1