Cheetah tuning issues

It's a 535 cheetah, lectrons running methanol. First start up, it was ritch, so I adjusted the needles and now have a great idle and a very nice throttle response when sitting and blurping the gas.

Timeing plate is at plus 4, with a dynatek cdi on curve 3.

Problem is bike has great response from low idle when riding at say 1/4 throttle, as soon as you hit hi reves or anything above 1/4 throttle it has nothing!

I tried adjusting the power jets and less fuel makes it worse, jets are turned wide open.

I tried stock cdi with no change symptoms.

Stator maybe? Not producing enough spark?

Carbs are Packard carbs, 40mm put together for a 535 on alcohol. With Packard bowls.

Any help from those with similar set up, or knowledge in this would be much obliged.

I have another stator on the way, but will be a cpl days, not sure why, but that's what I'm leaning towards.

Also the motor has the power valves in it. Could it be? The problem does feel the same as when my cr250 power valve wasn't set properly. But these valves are not controlled with a cable like those.

I did clean the pv good befor installation.

You did not mention how your plugs look. Do they look like new? Are they burned at all or lean looking? Try gapping your plugs tighter. That will tell you if you have a weak spark possibly. If it has a ricky stator with half red windings, ditch it asap. I would also use a stock cdi. Those needles more than likely read "PE-1"