Cheetah tuning issues

What was your power jet at while you were doing this? Pics of plugs are useless if you purged on them. Also pics of carbs since those are packard needles might have packard setup lectrons. I would not pay any attention to lectron info if packard set them up. Do you have a pump on this engine? whats the number on the float needle valve?

I believe they are Packard carbs, (that's what I was told when I bought them) they were advertised as Packard carbs set for a 535 cheetah.

No pump on the motor

As for number on the float needle I would have to look.

Here is some pics of the carbs, but how can you tell if they are Packard carbs just by looking at them?F998CDFE-83EC-4FB9-97AF-9D6C820FFE53_zps1B8B37DA-B360-48BE-9C4F-C469D633DC7F_zps28FB0632-F6BE-46EB-9614-827C0B4E75A7_zps

I haven't decided On That yet. Probably should. I don't know much about that? But it can't be too hard.

What do you use to run the pump? Batt. ? What size? Where do you guys put the batt?

I will have to research it.

Might not have a choice, I will get out this weekend and finally get some runs in.

you wont need the pump unless you are running a really long ways at WOT.  with th eopingle and big bowls it should be fine.   the pump willjust present more problems than what it is worth..

a crappy shitty idle you should be able to still run them down some try a 1/4 turn at a time  and you are setting the flat towards the engine after you screw them in right?   i can get them to run just like a gas carb thats tuned well.  no just off idle bobble  no excessive smoke. 

and yes  that motor is really underestimated.. 

I'm running 400' cam. Think I will run out of fuel?

And yes 100% got the flat side facing the carb. I adjusted those things so many fucking times I had to retap the treads!!

But now that I got it to hit the pipe I'm there. I actually got to idle pretty good now aswell. I'm pretty sure I'm pretty happy how it is, but I need to take it out and tune in the power jet get the top end of it set up.

Any pointers on that?

you wont need the pump unless you are running a really long ways at WOT. with th eopingle and big bowls it should be fine. the pump willjust present more problems than what it is worth..

a crappy shitty idle you should be able to still run them down some try a 1/4 turn at a time and you are setting the flat towards the engine after you screw them in right? i can get them to run just like a gas carb thats tuned well. no just off idle bobble no excessive smoke.

and yes that motor is really underestimated..

I don't want to turn this thread into a cub vs cheetah battle, but I'm totally with you in that. I had the choice to build one or the other, to me the cheetah was an obvious choice!! Bigger intakes= more air flow = the ability to run more fuel, making more power. The the choice to run a pv or not is just icing on the cake.

My personal opinion why most people chose a cub over a cheetah is that it is COST efficient!! If they chose to admit it or not. Most guys by the time they are ready to upgrade to a cub, they already have, good reeds, intake, cool head ect.

With a cheetah you need to start all over!

Don't hate it's just an opinion!