Punctuation Rant

Wallrat

I don't know, I'm kinda mixed opinion on this one. Sometimes I'll make a goof or two and not care much about it and for that matter anyone else's careless errors. We ARE human and DO make mistakes. BUT, when I read a post and it makes no sense whatsoever grammatically, it makes me think the person writing the post is a total idiot; regardless of whether or not they truly are...just my .02 in the pile :ph34r:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A post with perfect spelling,and punctuation could still be posted by a total idiot.

Agreed, but it's blatently obvious what kind of person you're dealing with when they can't even create a legible sentence...

what kind of person is that? man if that ain t judging a book by the cover.

A post with perfect spelling,and punctuation could still be posted by a total idiot.

Agreed, but it's blatently obvious what kind of person you're dealing with when they can't even create a legible sentence...

what kind of person is that? man if that ain t judging a book by the cover.

I don't at all wanna start an argument here but I think a majority of this forum is judging people by their "cover". Somebody can slip up once and piss one person off and then everyone hates them...or for that matter if someone has an opinion that not everyone likes that person turns in to stupid, or a dumbass, or whatever applies. Don't know why but it seems that's just the way it is...I'm sure you've noticed but a lot of the people with the horrible posting (grammar wise) are usually YOUNG kids that just wanna talk smack most of the time anyhow, only because they can "hide" behind their PC cause they know they'll never encounter anyone on this forum and have to face up to reality. I'm sure there are those folks that just have bad spelling as well, some people can't help it. Hell, my father couldn't spell to save his life but at least you could understand what he was trying to say. The stuff I'm mainly talking about are the posts that you just can't comprehend, people that have run-on sentences throwing mispelled words all through it; you can't decifer the point they try and get out...Oh well, I'm sure I'll catch all kinds of hell for posting this but it's just my thought and opinion. Take it as you want, I have no hate or disrespect for anyone on here. :ph34r: