Need Help Identifying A-arm manufacturer

mailman

Well I'd say you refund the guy for the arms (since he didn't get the set he paid for)

Then either file a claim against UPS to get the money you should have got from the sale (which you will likely lose since they will blame packaging)

Or buy a matched set of lowers from some other place and put them with the uppers. Then Ebay the lone remaining lower.

I think it really sucks that a lower a arm got lost and it not being your fault but they are aftermarket parts that are dicountiuned that you bought used and now sold. Sucks you can't get a replacment for just that one arm but before this turns into a "screw alba" thread I would see if alba would be able/ willing to make a similar set of lower arms for you, or possible make a newer style replacment same geometry lower arm that will work. Even if it has four gussets instead of two Maybe see if Tyson racing or some other fab shop can take copy the desing. Best of luck with it really suck when stuf like this happens

What I find interesting is that they refuse to admit on this forum that they are their arms. On another note, it appears that none of the arms they produce are really their design. Are they just a parts pusher?

It's not a bash or screw alba type deal. It's just the reality of the situation.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Hey I am old I dont remember everything.   Like I said we have been making banshee arms for over 20 years.  That is def a set we dont make anymore if we made them.  Our new arms are probable less expensive than what you sold those for.  UPS does insure you up to $100.  

• Like 1

Fair enough. Would your new arms fall into this category as well. Are the new new designs something that you can reproduce in the event that the supply runs out?

Can you reproduce a lower for him if they are your design? If not, why?

I guess I am shit out of luck as well if something happens to mine.

Fair enough. Would your new arms fall into this category as well. Are the new new designs something that you can reproduce in the event that the supply runs out?

Can you reproduce a lower for him if they are your design? If not, why?

I guess I am shit out of luck as well if something happens to mine.

Fuck yeah. My ishock bent. Life time warranty. Well they don't make them anymore. Sooooo.

I went back and forth with them for over a month. He offered me a LSR lower that I would have to pay cost for. WTF. So my lifetime warranty ended.

Fair enough. Would your new arms fall into this category as well. Are the new new designs something that you can reproduce in the event that the supply runs out?  Now yes in 10 years probably not.

Can you reproduce a lower for him if they are your design? If not, why?   The fixtures are log gone.

I guess I am shit out of luck as well if something happens to mine.  Yup.   Things get old  and get replaced it is life and happens in every industry this shouldn't be a surprise.   Im guessing all arm mfg disco old designs. 

• Like 1

Does alba offer an upgrade on their arms after they discontinue old models to original owners?

We sure do.  We have also replace disco sets under warr with new sets.   We are a customer comes first shop and always do what we can to help.  I am sure many on this forum have been hooked up by us going above and beyond. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ohhhhhhhhhhh. Well being that I DO have a dog in this fight because I have a set of your discontinued arms. They come with a lifetime warranty and I'm now under the "they aren't made anymore" category. What would you be willing to do for me in the event of a manufacturers defect?

I'm sure it's an important question to any member here that is willing to invest money into your company for the new set of arms you are pushing. The price is cheap enough for us to be interested but the possibility of "those are worthless now cause we don't make them anymore " routine is not a solid sales pitch.

I have artwork from when I was a 3 year old and I'm in my mid 30 ' s now. It's worthless to me now but I somehow was able to keep it around for over 30 years.

If you offer a lifetime warranty on your products, I suggest you don't throw away your jigs. If you do, be prepared to offer the buyer your most recent design as a warranty swap.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh. Well being that I DO have a dog in this fight because I have a set of your discontinued arms. They come with a lifetime warranty and I'm now under the "they aren't made anymore" category. What would you be willing to do for me in the event of a manufacturers defect? 

Like I said in my previous post we replace them with the new design.  We have done this many times and I have never had a customer complain.  We typically even pay shipping. 

• Like 1

Hey Alba,

Can you quote me the cost on a new set for my situation?  I sold the old set for $200 shipped.  I mailed through USPS not UPS so there was no insurance.  The arms were packaged up extremely well.  The post office workers must have used my box for a volleyball game or a pinata or something.  I am ready to refund the $200 to the buyer.  Please let me know if you can help in any way or your "best" price for him to get an updated set.

Thank you,

Mailman