1998 banshee new top end not running as good as it should,just acquired the quad didn't run

I have it running but the guy who had it must have screwed with carbs he put a tether kill switch has tors I have carbs synced by eye backed idle screws out until they stopped and back in like four turns.Air screws where bottomed out and backed off two turns and adjustments have been made from there removed in line filter spark seems good new plugs are pretty dark but not wet has 64.75mm pistons wiseco stock exhaust reeds where good looked new no gaps have played with air screws without a hole lot of change in idle doesn't seem right cleaned carbs tightened everything down good runs OK but not really getting snappy power band and bogs when the clutch is dumped a little shouldn't be this difficult to get running something is off having trouble pinning it down seams like if it was air leak I would have a lean condition left side is smoking more at idle than right but plugs look the same

Thanks for responses I haven't had a lot of time to dig into it yet but I did buy some stuff to do a leak down was messing with it a little tonight just fiddling with tors and carb sync got both cylinders running together good and got the power band real nice but the throttle was hanging wide open and had to pull tether and kill switch and still wouldn't shut down until I bumped throttle I will tear down this weekend and give you guys a better overview off what is installed again thanks so much for the feedback I do need a Clymers it would help for sure I'm winging it so far I've done a lot of work on 2 stroke bikes but no banshees so there's a learning curve for sure but it was ripping good until throttle hung open kinda scary lol ever happen to one of your bikes not a good feeling