My serval can't pull 22" ambush tires.....

Ok. Wtf is going on.... Two weeks ago had my ported serval running 20/10/9 rears. Spins like crazy in the trails, so switched to 22" ambush. Now can barley ride without using gears 1 and 2.. Now how the hell is my ported 421 serval with 35 pwk, +4 timing, sheerer SB, pods, and lockup not able to launch me in 2nd with 14/41 gearing? Ok, ok, I am 270 LBS but for god sakes can't get out of the hole in second? Smfh........ Btw I have not touched the engine since I got it back from redline. When I got it I was in complete satisfaction...can tire size really make such a difference.... Thanks o banshee gurus..... I'm open to recomendations.

Your tire got 10% taller

Gear ratio needs to go up 10% to match.

Previous ratio - 14-41 = 2.92

2.92 +10% = 3.22

Drop a front tooth and run 13-41.

That will get you 3.15

Or drop one in front and add one in rear for 13-42.

That will get you to 3.23

• Like 1

Yep, it's just too much tire.. I run Ambush and know them very well.. If you want to run 22" Ambush you need to re-gear.

Or build a 18- 20mill DM  ;)

• Like 1

What are yall suggest for my 521 serval with ambush tires. That's the tires i will run front and back. i had in mind trying 15/41 to start. I need to order new sprockets regardless. I'm not knowledgeable with the off idle power of these big engines. With my old 4mil, i had to slip the clutch a bit more than i liked with 15/41 and pro wedge 2's. I weigh 165 with gear.

What are yall suggest for my 521 serval with ambush tires. That's the tires i will run front and back. i had in mind trying 15/41 to start. I need to order new sprockets regardless. I'm not knowledgeable with the off idle power of these big engines. With my old 4mil, i had to slip the clutch a bit more than i liked with 15/41 and pro wedge 2's. I weigh 165 with gear.

You need at least 16/41 with 22" rear tires.

Wow, i did not expect a 16t front sprocket! I guess i under estimated the engine. thanks. Ill have to get the dremel out on my case saver to fit it.

I'm pretty sure rjdgriff is running 16/41 on his 465 Serval. He's probably not quite 165 pounds.