Banshee wont run at mid to wide open throttle

Okay here is the story, I got this banshee off a friend and it was a basketcase to say the least. I have a new crank, top end, coil, it had dmc 916 pipes, 28mm mikuni tm flatslide carbs, with 250 main 35 pilot, 5l1 needle on 2nd to top clip, aftermarket cdi and stator. 

When I run the thing, it idles okay and has good power down low, but as soon as I hit the throttle it falls flat on its face. I have tried different main jets and it does not seem to make a difference in the symptoms. The only thing i have not replaced was the flywheel, the studs have slight wear marks on them from when the crank bearings were worn. I did put a different pickup coil in it as well, which I am wondering if the connection at my insulated butt connectors may be arching possibly.

Also I the cdi is a monocurve cheapo off of ebay, I tried 2 different stock cdi boxes and they would not even let it start.  

I really hate to keep throwing parts at this thing so any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Yea i know 250 is kind of lean but my plugs are black, i had 280s in it before and when i went to the 250s it did not seem to change how it ran. I do have a set of 300 mains i could throw in it. Hopefully i can get some time tomorrow to work on it again.