lock up set up for 10 mill cub need input

I just finished building a ported 10 cub. Im running fast fibers and a mattoon lockup. This quad should make about 110 hp 59 torque. What would be a good starting point for springs and weights. I have read the lockup tuning thread and im still not sure where to start. I have to drive about an hour to my riding location and dont want to waste a trip on a slipping clutch. I just want it to not slip but i dont want a crap load of spring and weight if i dont need it. I was planning on running 3 heavy fast springs and 3 tusk springs. Leaving the fingers and weights alone with how they came. I weigh about 220. Thanks i figure this is a common motor on here.

Edited by v2004banshee

Not a bad start. Get a big jug of oil and some stock springs to play with. Stop at a hard ware store or somewhere you can find nuts, bolts, weights, etc. Take some tools. It's kinda fun to dial a bike in first for an hour or so. Then you can enjoy the rest. Don't just gamble and then hope the trip is cool.

Are u drag racing you would be surprised how little base pressure I run. IMO if you don't have a spring tension gauge your guessing . My advise is set it up heavy in weight till you have time to mess with it ,I have a ton of cut springs that I use to set up people's bikes but I have all the tensions marked on a bag so I know where I'm at . FYI I always keep pressure on the clutch pack consistent equal on all six springs

• Like 1