jet help

Hey guys, im helpin a buddy tune an 05 banshee. Its got fmf sst pipes and silencers, toomey 2-1 air filter, and vforce 4 reeds. The guy he bought it from had stock jets in it!! Ive got the mains up to 250, runs real good on upper rpms. I also tried 27.5 and 30 pilots, idled like dog crap on both. So now were back to 25, idles nice but when you throttle it, it seems like its load up to no end, smoke pours out of both pipes. This is only free revving it. Once driving it it seems to clean out nice and run good. Ive tried multiple needle clip positions as well, eventually going back to middle position. Compression is 118 and 121 Only thing that gets me is I have the same setup except k&n pods instead of 2-1 filter and I have +4 timing, I have 30 pilots and 280 mains, can two quads with the same mods running side by side really differ that much in jetting?

Have you double checked everything on the bike? Carbs in sync slide in right choke tube on and all of that? I would say you are still a little lean on your main depending on elevation. Two quads can be different but usually only 1 or 2 jet sizes is all. 

At sea level you are too small on the main in my opinion. I would go up to a 280 and see how it runs. 

I understand theres a notch on the carb body that the slide goes through, can the slides be flip flopped from carb to carb?

Yeah you can get them in the wrong carb. The notch should be facing the filter side.

If it's not the bike will run like a pig until you get to at least half throttle and onto the main jet.

The rounded side of the slide needs to face the rear of the carb. If they are in backwards yes the bike will run like shit on the bottom end and you will be way off on your jetting! When you look in the back of the carb you should see the rounded side facing you if it is the flat side them switch them. 

It was the slides in backwards, such a simple problem! Put 27.5 pilots in and 270 mains in, runs like a dream now! Only one more problem... We cannot get the carbs to quick leakin fuel from bottom overflow tube. I've tried everything, new needles, cleaned and recleaned adjusted floats, whole nine yards. There is clear tubing on it, you can ride the quad around, get off it and tubes are bone dry, shut it down and let it sit for a few minutes and it begins to leak from tube, what am I missing/doing wrong?