24:1 or 32:1 with Yamalube 2R?

I'm using Yamalube 2R.... the guy I bought the bike from stated to use 32:1 and not 24:1 to prevent fouling plugs frequently.

I'm seeing 24:1 all over the Yamaha owners manual, in the Clymer, etc.... so for those of you using Yamalube 2R, what ratio do you mix at?

Also, where the fuck is my shoutbox bar I can type in?

I waited until 20+ posts, and no bar.

I even went to my Profile page then selected shoutbox from the menu along the left (overview, profile feed, likes, etc.) and this is displayed:

Error: Could not load template 'shoutboxProfile' from group 'shoutbox'

If I mix it at 24:1 will the shoutbox work then?

What would be nice is an independent test to "prove" the "new" oils are better.

I've seen the claims of less oil means you're burning more fuel. But correct A/F ratio is same no matter what.

32:1 is popular because of the math/size of bottles.

I run 28:1 because plugs are cheaper than parts.

JMHO, your results may and will vary.

No reason to run 32:1.

If your tune is spot on, 40:1, you dump 1 pint of 2R into 5 gallons and run it.

32:1 also means you less fuel parts per million than oil parts per million in you fuel mix and that means you have less potential energy in your fuel to burn and make power.

2R is an exceptional 2 stroke oil that has been proven over the years and especially by the rider above you with 3500+ miles over 10 yrs, that impressive as hell!

You may not care, but the more oil you mix in, the less effective octane level you will be running.

Just throwin that out there.

EDIT- Strm trpr beat me to it.

On the AmsOil bottle, it recommends 50:1. Redline Synthetic has a chart for 32, 40, 50, and 100:1. My father in law has ran 100:1 in all his small 2-strokes for years without any problems.

My wife's 100% stock '06 ran like shit and fouled plugs with 32:1. Threw in 40:1 and it solved the issues it was having. I know guys run 32:1 with no problems, but for some reason hers won't run right on it.

Sent from a porta potty.

Dyno's showed more HP when mixed rich compared to lean.  The dyno's were posted here on HQ.. 

So more oil in the fuel showed more HP on the dyno or am I reading that incorrectly?

it wasn't huge HP gains or anything.. but it did debunk the myth that less oil was better performance..  

IIRC..  They dyno work was done by M&M.  It was posted quite some time ago.

IMO.. Oil is good.   I got a good chunk of money wraped up into my motors..  cutting back a few ounces of oil on a tank of fuel is not saving me

a ton of cash..  I'd rather have more oil in there..   More thats in there.. the better chance its going to get to where it needs to be.   Just my opinion.

to each their own.