banshee bogging out after running for a few minutes.

Again, did you ever remove your petcock and check the screen?

Nah, I have yet to try anything yet.  Waiting till I have some free time from work to play with the toys.  I also have a raptor 660 motor I just snagged off ebay and I need to instal in my raptor so I can make sure it functions 100% before to long in case I need a refund or something.  That means the banshee might be a minute before I get to try these things. 

Im having this same problem.. It just dont it today, was ridin and just all of a sudden bogged down, took a sec to get it to crank back up an she was revving high as hell.. Ran just ran the past two days. My lil niece messed with the parking brake right before i started riding.. Bout that couldnt be it? Right? An how do i check the petcock.. Or clean them.

Im having this same problem.. It just dont it today, was ridin and just all of a sudden bogged down, took a sec to get it to crank back up an she was revving high as hell.. Ran just ran the past two days. My lil niece messed with the parking brake right before i started riding.. Bout that couldnt be it? Right? An how do i check the petcock.. Or clean them.

Two screws hold it on. Old toothbrush to clean it.

• Like 1

Well took the carbs off and cleaned everything and checked the jets. 340 main and 32.5 pilot is what I was running. I checked the gas tank vent and that us fine and pulled the valve on the gas tank and cleaned the screens.

After doing this this my Banshee didn't want to run and I changed the spark plugs and the spark on the right seemed a little weaker when I tested but had some spark still, maybe I'm crazy on that though. After kicking and even dumping fuel in the cylinder I got nothing. Finally after a few minutes I pinned the throttle and it finally fired up and smoked like crazy. I took it for a spin and has the same problem of the quad just falling on its face after I let off the throttle and would just kinda bog.

I then took the carbs off and put in a 290 main and 27.5 pilot and had the same problems of it running ok for a second or two as I accelerate but then after I let off it would just run like crap and wouldn't wind out when I would have the clutch in and hit the throttle, it would kinda just bog and slowly wind up.

I'm going to try a compression test next and maybe pull the pipes and take a look at the pistons but I did a leakdown test a little over a week ago and it help pressure fine. I'm starting to get stumped on what the problem is though.