Dumbass ?

Sorry for the dumb question, I've been out of the loop for 20yrs now, I was wondering if a 4 mil crank will work with a stock top end. My crank has a pretty bad wobble on the right side and will have to get trued. Was thinking about the possibilities while I'm there, just not ready to dump bookoo bucks into it at this time. Any smart ass answers will be greatly appreciated.

So who is reputable to do the porting? What kind of dollars are we talking about?-If I do the port work, then would it need bigger jets and exhaust to compliment? Or would the stock settings work for now?

You need to do it all. Port, crank, domes, pipes, jets.

It's really a package that you need to complete to benefit from the whole thing.

It's gonna cost you since you have no useable parts.

You can run the stock parts, but don't expect any difference after all the work is done. The builder will recommend pipes port work carbs (jetting for stock) to you. Then it goes to the clutch, and trans. I wouldn't run an oem basket in a stock bike. So a basket, new clutch is usually a good idea. All worn out shift parts. If you would like the bike to shift better you can cut the trans.

All seals, new cables, and other odds and ends your going to find as you tear the bike down.

It adds up fast.

But don't be discouraged. You can get a stock crank trued and welded and get it ported. Save you a few bucks. Read up there's plenty if options. And used parts is a huge money saver.

Regardless, any ported motor stock or stroked is leaps and bounds over stock.

You could always just get the stock crank gone through and do a total freshen up of the whole motor. Do bolt ons and shift mods and get the feel for wrenching on your bike. But if you can wait it out or happen to be a baller, a good 2K in to a 4 mil set up can get ya a pretty stout motor. I think you would ultimately be happier with the 4 mil though.