Hello guys I am new to the banshee world & to this forum. Recently I have been having troubles with my banshee not starting, tried everything to fix, cleaned filter, bought new plugs, cleaned carb, yet it still wouldn't start. Long story short it needed new spark plug boots. Bought the boots & not even 2 hours later it wouldn't start again an I'm no longer getting spark from my plugs. Why does my spark plugs boots keep blowing all of a sudden? Also how do I fix this problem?

I hope you meant B8ES and not B9ES

Nothing wrong with 9's. If your motor is making any power it will need them.  (You gotta know how to read your ground strap to know)

• Like 1

Flywheel and key

Stator

Pick up and pick up gap

Wiring harness Un wrapped and gone through

Plugs and connectors cleaned and greased

New spark plugs

Spark plug boots

Clipped ends of coil wire

Coil swapped

Coil ground surface cleaned w/ dielectric Harness ground cleaned

Tors/park brake/key/tps/ all deleted

Disconnected the tether switch

Test kill switch

Swap CDI

• Like 1

try tapping, or knocking on your cdi with an end wrench, and check for spark afterwards. just the other day my friends banshee lost spark after we put it back together. tested everything, reset pick up gap, and nothing. I remembered reading on here that someone said this is literally a test. whooped that cdi's ass with an end wrench, and wahla spark again! don't hit it so hard you break it, but try it and see.

• Like 1

^^^^^Always worked for Fonzie.

• Like 1

did you hit it like it owes you money? why would you listen to me, I only have 57 more post then you! it really did work for me and a buddy though. im curious why your plug caps would blow off when trying to start it. hmmm windy would you care to explain? have you checked everything these guys listed?