06,-02, banshee question.

whats goin on guys, new to he site but im going tomorrow to pick one of two banshees up and could use a little help deciding on which one to get.. i figured i would join a fourm an ask some guys that know a good bit about them an what they go for an what ther worth,ill be a regular on this site either way, but this one is an 06 this kids dad bought it for him an he's hardly ridden it, garage kept and Low Low hours, very clean, he's was asking 3500, but he's wanting to lift his truck so i talked him down to 2600..  heres a few pics. 

jq120g.jpg

30idzpe.jpg

dbtmqg.jpg

28rd11d.jpg

then theres this one, its an 02, i got him down to 2800, it has a few more after market parts but its not been up kept as well.. heres a few pics.

dob4nr.jpg

fcnv2w.jpg

2rwwz2x.jpg

2hs6l48.jpg

thanks in advance guys.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard! Where are you located? Patience is key to say the least. I would personally pass on both as they're overpriced and have obvious abuse. The black one has hit something with the front left tire, or the tie-rod end is about to back itself off completely. Could have frame damage as stated above. Blue is bone stock not taking care of and someone's dicked with the routing of the wiring which would implicate some sort of issue at some point and not properly reassembled. Tires have obvious burn outs on them. You can find cleaner for cheaper! Dont rush into it or you're going to be out $$$

Thanks for the replys guys, im glad i joined an asked before i rushed into buying one, im located in Rutherford, NC. bout an hour west of Charlotte and and hour east of Ashville. seems like every bike i come across within 400 miles (what im willing to drive) is either some raggedy P.O.S or some outrageously overpriced raggedy P.O.S, haha.  if you guys could help me find one i'd go pick it up tomorrow haha.

Out of curiousity, I looked around Craigslist in your area. Man, you're right. A lot of raggedy POS bikes. I did find this. Kind of a long road trip, but if you could get him down to $3,000 you would have a pretty sweet bike with potential. Before driving that far, I would ask a LOT of questions.

What is the compression?

Was a leakdown test done when the motor was built?

What is the squish clearance? (If he knows that I would be impressed)

Does it have a billet clutch basket?

What kind of reeds? (Hopefully VForce)

What kind of crank is in it?

Was it trued and welded?

Were there any mods done to the transmission?

Does he have a title for it?

http://semo.craigslist.org/sno/4443170896.html

Edited by Starwriter

Hell yeah!!!!!! That's a deal. From what I can see, there's Pro Circuit pipes, aftermarket A arms, Works reservoir front shocks, front braided stainless brake lines, extended roundhouse swingarm, G Force or Durablue rear axle, as well as aftermarket wheels, tires, front bumper, and grab bar. Can't tell much more than that with the crappy pics. Looks like it might have a boost bottle. Get rid of it if it does.