maintanance for 3 year sitting banshee

Turns out I had my carb slides in backwards, I fixed them and it's a night and day difference, it actually stays on and idle now without giving it gas. The only thing is that my powerband isn't nice and smooth. Sometimes it's fast and the powerband feels good and then it bogs a bit and slows down. Are my carbs adjustments are off?

Re-sync them. If i read this thread correctly, you were trying to sync them with the slides in backwards, this could be your issue. Also, do you have a sync tool or are are you doing it by eye? I ask because i thought i had mine and my bros banshee perfect by eye, then i bough a sync tool and found out they were actually pretty off lol. Since everything is clean now and you have new jets/gas in the bike and good compression etc. I think you may just need a sync. You may have fouled the plugs as well. So, new plugs and a re-sync is what i would do but thats just me. Hope this helps

Re-sync them. If i read this thread correctly, you were trying to sync them with the slides in backwards, this could be your issue. Also, do you have a sync tool or are are you doing it by eye? I ask because i thought i had mine and my bros banshee perfect by eye, then i bough a sync tool and found out they were actually pretty off lol. Since everything is clean now and you have new jets/gas in the bike and good compression etc. I think you may just need a sync. You may have fouled the plugs as well. So, new plugs and a re-sync is what i would do but thats just me. Hope this helps

If carbs aren't in sync, is it bad for the motor and does it affect performance?

yes it makes one cylinder run richer or leaner than the other,  and it will give you a much more chrisp throttle and better pull when synced

Ah k. Looks like I must check if my carbs are synced. With the carb sync tool, do I have to take the airbox out?