Pilot Jet Stuck In Carb :(

Well I decided to try out some new pilots I purchased 32.5's for the new port work and pipes etc...

The first one installed with ease, but when I went to take out the second one it stripped out and its lodged in the carb

Somone please tell me I don't have to buy new carbs!

how the hell can I remove the jet?

update: I tried to get it out and it looks like I have now also torn up the threads for a new one to go in, So im guessing im Compleatly fucked now, no Riding untill next year... :(

Worst part of all I have no idea why this happened, the other one came out so fucking easy!

Hey Justin if you did get the pilot out but stripped out the threads you can shop around for a small tap to redo the threads. Hopefully you just stripped out the slot on the pilot jet.

Hey Justin if you did get the pilot out but stripped out the threads you can shop around for a small tap to redo the threads. Hopefully you just stripped out the slot on the pilot jet.

I can't get it out I don't think there is a way, There were some aluminum shaving from spinning the screw driver so im pretty sure I wiped all the threads except for the ones holding the pilot in,- who knows what those look like because there is no way to get the pilot out.

Ok I made a little mistake :P

Paul when you said the bottem of the carb i took it literaly and pulled a screw form teh bottem of the carb! Not jsut the under part but the bottem piece itself.

If you look in one of the holes there is a screw that looks identical to the pilot jet, only it says 1.4 on it! So I replace the wrong jet-screw thign in my opther carb...The lcoal shop said there is absolutly no reason I should ever have to remove this screw anyways so ill jsut blast it out with carb cleaner and I don't think it will give me any troubles ever since no1 even seems to know what it is for.

Well guess im learning the hard way about these things, the onyl jets I ever changed before were the main ones and I the needle settings so I wasent sure what I was looking for. The screw i removed is threaded the same and even has teh same shape to it etc...But its alot shorter...Looks like im ok then as long as i never need to remove this screw before I buy my 33mm flatslides.

OK, still not sure what you did but it sounds like the choke jet...on the left carb (and only on the left carb) if you take off the bowl (the very bottom of the carb, held on by 4 phillips-head screws and when you remove it you can see the main jet, little plastic shroud around it, and the two floats) and look in one of the enclosed passages (much like the pilot jet), you'll see the choke jet. If that's fucked up you may have trouble with the choke, but worst case you can just replace that bowl.

BTW the pilots are in an enclosed passage right next to the main jet, when you take off the white plastic shroud or splash guard, the pilot passage is the hole it fits into. The pilots are Banshee-specific, so I hope you got the right ones...

OK, still not sure what you did but it sounds like the choke jet...on the left carb (and only on the left carb) if you take off the bowl (the very bottom of the carb, held on by 4 phillips-head screws and when you remove it you can see the main jet, little plastic shroud around it, and the two floats) and look in one of the enclosed passages (much like the pilot jet), you'll see the choke jet.  If that's fucked up you may have trouble with the choke, but worst case you can just replace that bowl.

BTW the pilots are in an enclosed passage right next to the main jet, when you take off the white plastic shroud or splash guard, the pilot passage is the hole it fits into.  The pilots are Banshee-specific, so I hope you got the right ones...

yea I got the ones for the banshee( not sure if its the right one its the 32.5 though), the jet im talking about that is stuck is in the right carb and the left carb, the one it got stuck in was the right. I have no clue what its for. Next time you take off a stock carb and take the bettem off look into the hole right above the brass tube (on the bottem part you remove), there a little jet in there, I can't see what the hell its used for as it look slike it passes right into metal.

Is this still the choke jet? it has a 1.4 marked on it on the one I pulled from the left side. I'm not sure if I screwed it up or not because its hard to see all the way down in the hole, And now I made it impossible to remove :P but the local shop said it should not be a problem as long as it is not clogged, so im going to blast it out with carb cleaner. These carbs just need to last me untill summer.

Sounds like the choke jet, are you sure there was something in that passage on the right carb bowl? Because mine is just a blank, the left bowl has the jet and the right does not. Anyway, you should be OK as long as you get all the metal filings out...

i dont think you should worry about needing new carbs cuz the jets are made of a weeker materal then the threds in the carb so if it is striped i would think its most likely the threds on the jet

I think im just going to blast it out with cleaner, Hope I never need to change the choke jet...The part that is stripped are the threads on top of the jet, and the top of the jet no longer has a slot in it to unscrew it from (not sure what happened to it) so I think its lodged in there permanently. It might be removable by drilling it out in reverse but that sounds risky and since there is no point in changing it I guess Ill just leave it alone.??

Ben, both my carbs have that little jet. They say 1.4 also. I have a '00 shee, so maybe they don't have separate bowls anymore.....

they are both removable? I just don't understand how I managed to compleatly stip off the top so that there is no groove, its lamost as if there never was one, But i swear I see a jet in both carbs, althought he stripped one almsot looks like it came that way now...I mean its not like I used excessive force or anything it just never caught on the jet..

Anyways I threw tham all back together

My stock pilots were only 25's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just went up to 32.5's! I hope this is not too drastic...

I thought stock pilots were 27.5's?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????