Chain Rollers

Just wondering what chain rollers are absolutely necessary.  I have a 17T front sprocket and it makes it so the chain is always on a roller, well when riding yesterday my top roller came apart.  So I took it off and the chain seems much better. My bike is lowered for flat track type conditions and is never jumped or anything.  Thanks for any suggestions

Arlo didn't put one on when he did my subframe. I asked him about it and he said he hasn't ran rollers on any of his bikes.

I'm mocking everything up and gonna do a few trips out before I send it to powder to make sure everything is good.

Sent from a porta potty.

Top or bottom? If you have suspension travel you better have the lower roller or you're going to have problems.

Arlo runs drag bikes so he would have no use for either. There's no suspension travel on his bikes.

Top or bottom? If you have suspension travel you better have the lower roller or you're going to have problems.

Arlo runs drag bikes so he would have no use for either. There's no suspension travel on his bikes.

Either.

Actually he's had a couple with travel in the last couple years- Herby, 50th, wife's, etc.

Regardless, he's built a ton of stock chassis, and I brought it up to him, so we'll see.

Sent from a porta potty.

Then he must assume people are going to use a chain tensioner. That bottom roller is a must. When the swingarm is all the way down the chain will rub the frame without it. I'm just warning you now before you have your frame PCed.

Yeah, I appreciate it.

I'll probably end up with a lower roller- we'll see.

Sent from a porta potty.

Then he must assume people are going to use a chain tensioner. That bottom roller is a must. When the swingarm is all the way down the chain will rub the frame without it. I'm just warning you now before you have your frame PCed.

X2

"no lower roller when using a chain tensioner "

Yea, that said, I would run a roller over a tensioner any day of the week.

We've never used a tensioner and run our bikes from +8-14. And we use and have more suspension travel than most people.

Really, I figured a sprung chain tensioner, like the one Chariot sells, would be head and shoulders above running  rollers alone.