Beating Kfx 450 2 through 4

FYI, you can "mod" the stock plate to get about 4*. Or you can get an offset flywheel key. The key only indexes the flywheel, the taper along with the nut torqued properly is what holds it in place. Been running a key for 2 1/2+ yrs, no problems. Lapped flywheel to new crank, good to go.

Probably a noob question but whats the procedure to moding yoyr stock timing plate?

Probably a noob question but whats the procedure to moding yoyr stock timing plate?

Basically you slot the screw holes so it can be rotated clockwise. DIY Timing Plate Mod in sub forum, Modification and Parts -Technical Info. Sorry, can't copy/paste on here.

Also Google search: Yamaha Banshee timing plate mod + Banshee HQ will get you more results.

You are going to have to remove the factory plate either way. Why not diy the factory one for free?

It's easy to do, you have to remove it anyway, and the quality of the factory one is fine. As long as you don't need more than about 4.5° of timing , it accomplishes the same thing as a billet one.

Sent from a van down by the river

The reason I ask cause I gotta get what tools I need from work an bring them home or to see if I need to actually bring the plate to my work I can't basically get whatever I need jus askin for opionons of what's the best an easiest tool to use I rather jus make the plate an use that $60 for a set of vf3 reeds since that's about $130

Josh

Every 1 mm on the plate equals approximately 1° of timing. Since you can only get about 4mm out of it, the margin for error is minimal. Probably less than a quarter degree either way.

That being said, if you can't look at the part and figure out how it should be modified and the right tool to use, you're probably better off just buying a billet one.

Sent from a van down by the river

• Like 1