Race fuel mix

Hey guys. Quick question, my

New build has - hjr mx hardcore port, +4 timing, chariot cages , pc pipes, noss head with 21cc domes , stock carbs(no tors )

Motor was set up for 93 octane pump gas. Compression is 150 lbs on both sides. My question is would it hurt anything to mix some race fuel in it sometimes ?

Race fuel doens't just mean getting a higher octane, its about getting a cleaner, better quality fuel. Race fuel is a cleaner product compared to a lot of pump gas out there and would be better for your motor. You can match race fuel to the octane requirements you need. Fuels like VP C10 are 96 octane and would burn much cleaner than pump fuel and would not cause any lose in power like a high octane fuel that is not needed. When people think of race fuel they automatically assume it equals higher octane and thats not the case. Most people that run race fuel because they require a higher octane and thats the only option, but they make fuel for lower octane ratings for guys that want an overall better product to use for their motors to squeeze more life out of them. 

• Like 1

Hell I didn't know that whitey. Thanks for the

Info ill be doing some research

Have a look at some of the fuels VP offer just to get an idea of the different octane ranges available. There many types of racing fuels out there just sending this for your info. If you look at the New T4 they offer, it is a 93 octane fuel made for stock to slightly modified quads.

http://www.vpracingfuels.com/page469672.html

Damn didn't know vp made so

Many diff fuels lol. But at the prices I believe I'll stick with pump gas besides I'm just a trail rider with the occasional drag against friends 450's. interesting info tho lol

Damn didn't know vp made so

Many diff fuels lol. But at the prices I believe I'll stick with pump gas besides I'm just a trail rider with the occasional drag against friends 450's. interesting info tho lol

Dont go off the prices they list on their websites, Those are listed high so that you will use their distributors for business. Its way cheaper when you go through a distributor.

I like the idea of going to any gas station to get fuel. I dont think its hurting my reliability either.

In my opinion if your going to go with a race fuel you might as well setup and use higher octane for the power increase

I like the idea of going to any gas station to get fuel. I dont think its hurting my reliability either.

In my opinion if your going to go with a race fuel you might as well setup and use higher octane for the power increase

Yup. Pump gas all the way. Any gas station that carrys 93. 2 right down the road from my riding spot.

Yup. Pump gas all the way. Any gas station that carrys 93. 2 right down the road from my riding spot.

I agree, Pump gas is convenient and I have ran it for a long time without problems. Only got a batch of bad gas a couple times. Was just informing the OP on race fuel is all and how it is more consistent = better.