JDS rotopax rear grab bar

87sheerips

Looks awesome JD. The fitment on that bracket is spot on. Nice work

Thanks man, and it really is a perfect fit. Super happy with it, especially for a first try.

www.jdscustoms.com

www.instagram.com/jds_customs

• 3 weeks later...

Well once I figure out how to rig mine it it will do it's own advertising for you.  

Right now I'm thinking a block of wood (2x4) on top of it so that it will  clear the fullbores, or maybe I can use the backplate the mount came with and some spacers, just not sure if the backplate will provide enough surface area to support the can?  Well only one trip left for this season next weekend so if I don't figure out something today I might have one for sale.

Well once I figure out how to rig mine it it will do it's own advertising for you.

Right now I'm thinking a block of wood (2x4) on top of it so that it will clear the fullbores, or maybe I can use the backplate the mount came with and some spacers, just not sure if the backplate will provide enough surface area to support the can? Well only one trip left for this season next weekend so if I don't figure out something today I might have one for sale.

Post some pics of what your trying to do...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post some pics of what your trying to do...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The can is hitting the top of his fullbores... It clears the OEM plastics just enough... I did bring it up another .250" for future orders.

Just lob off a piece of 1/4" thick wood, rubber, steel whatever.  Even the use of washers that are wider that the slot on the can, stack them up as high as you need and boom.  Fender washers or something.. If u need longer bolts for the mount itself, they are 5/16-18 thread.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry guys, got busy.  Last trip was a bust.  Went on only one ride then the banshee was acting up, and the windstorms started so I left.

Just got back from my grandfathers memorial service as well but finally have more time to post pictures.

The mount seemed to hold fine for the one ride I went on, here's what I ended up doing.

14068488464_accd21cd05_b.jpgIMG_20140405_170855_207 by Glamisduner, on Flickr

I modified the stock rotopax bracket so that the protruding bumps in the fuel tank would fit into the holes in the bracket (drilled the stock holes larger, then used a dremel to make them even larger).  This allowed the entire bracket to make contact with the inner (recessed) ring of the fuel tank.  Then I bought some spacers and washers and longer bolts from Lowes to lift of the rotopax bracket.  Once inch seemed to do the trick just about perfectly.   It also makes it easier to grab the grab onto the grab bar now.

14088139573_10f775b71d_b.jpgIMG_20140405_170906_882 by Glamisduner, on Flickr

14068556914_d3fe6a17ff_b.jpgIMG_20140405_171034_106 by Glamisduner, on Flickr

I think the spacers were 1"  (have to go higher because the circle in the fuel tank is recessed).

Edited by Justintoxicated