Clutch push lever help

Before you start buying parts, I would get the motor all torn down and deal with 1 builder for all your stuff, except for the ball bearing shift star roller. Buy that from Mull. He's a site sponsor. The more common bearing is from Shift Pro, but it's more expensive because it comes with the arm and a weak spring. Everybody throws the spring in the trash because it makes it shift too easy.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to give yall an update of whats going on. First wanted to say thanks for all the advise I have received in here especially to Starwriter. Took the motor to a local shop, he took the bottom case off to keep from removing the jugs and head. Just had replaced the pistons and rings with only two hrs on the rebuild. The Right piston before rebuild on the exhaust side skirt had broken off. But I could not find any pieces of it so thought it had magically disappeared. Needless to say that after he split the cases guess what was in the there: many, many little pieces of metal and a  broke tooth on the crank gear. Luckily the crank gear was the only fatality besides the original problem of the seized rod and ball on the actuator. Like I said really new to working on the banshee, I bought it used and haven't got a decent ride out of yet. Right of the bat I had to buy shocks, linkage bearings, swing arm bearings, new tires, top end rebuild kit, and know this job I could not do myself. Morale of the story, if your pistons break tear down the bottom end as well. Have a pancake bearing installed immediately. And if you buy a banshee make sure the PM work has been done regularly. Thanks for all the help!

2004 Banshee

4mil hot rod

.023 shaved stock head

Paul Turner Exhaust

35MM keihin carbs 158Main Jets CEL needle jet on middle notch 

Hinson clutch basket and pressure plate

65MM wiesco pistons 

Adjustable timing plate set a 4

Edited by greengt1115

I love happy endings.

Especially when there is a moral to the story and the plot leads to knowledge.

Glad to hear you found the light at the end of the tunnel.

Now, enjoy that ride.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Starwriter I belive the clutch adjusting nut came off and that was what broke the gear. As for the broken piston pieces when the mechanic took the bottom case off he tried to blow moslty everything out. I am still working on putting her back together, polishing this, painting that. Hopefully this weekend I will finish it up. Thanks for all the help

I can't say from experience, because I would never run a crank that was subjected to broken piston chunks. However, it's obvious that there's no way to get all the pieces out of the bearings. So, if you choose to run it, that's up to you. Just don't be surprised if you have a catastrophic failure.