tips for an MX Porting

hey ^^

thanks for the tips.

but i want to do this in my workshop. im have no expiriences in porting banshee cylinders, but exp. in porting of pit bikes (50ccm ³). so i know a lot of tuning^^ 

this is cheaper than all.^^

has someone pics of an good my porting? thats very helpful for me

• 2 weeks later...

im sure hes smart enough to know $800 in tools is not a good investment for a short time use. theres cheaper tools that can be used. alot of used foredom stuff on ebay for cheap

its funny none of you dummies talk shit about the site sponsors for not showing pics.............

so why would i show your dumbass any pics

but anyways thats enough arguing with a parts changer. good day sir

robert im sure pasi can help you. in the future you may also look into other sites for addition help. most guys around here dont know their head from ass on the porting subject, as seen by uman1030's first response

No one talks shit about the site sponsors because there are tons of people with their work and dyno sheets to back them up, look at surfrjag he does home port jobs not a sponsor and he has dyno sheets to back his shit up and it's impressive. If you want the guys to stop picking on you post some pics and dyno sheets or have someone reputable vouch for you
  • Like 1

pasi can help you out for sure.  i can even pm him some real mx style porting tips if he wants..   its very involved to do a "real" mx port.  when i read just clean up the casting and then dont do much with the transfers thats no where near what one really takes.  at least MY idear of a "mx, trail" port..  a motor that comes on very strong in the 4500+ range but dosent hit the pipe so hard as to break the tires loose and cause you to loose traction.  real mx porting makes the power broad and easily manageable.  racing a pipey banshee is absolute hell on an mx track.  you want something in the 45- 55ft lbs range tq wise  and in the 65, 70-80hp range.  the lower numbers + are easily done in the smaller cc motors.  the higher ones are in 4 mills and 421's stock cylinder. 

Robert.

You have asked help, tips and pic´s for your DIY porting. Almost ALL my knowledge is coming from a few(2) people, who are members here and another sites.

That´s why I´m not a "porter/builder". I started reading and finding info from a net. Then started to figuring out how the shit really works. Then when I found a "problem" I asked a question "WHY", not "HOW"

Now I would like to ask you: What you already know about porting?

The people who can help you needs to know first, where you think you have a problem.

I know you can do it, if you are not in a hurry. I spend more than 40 hours for my "Round II". Just because I did it carefully with cheap ass tools.

I know that professional porter/builder with good tools can make same/better job in about 2-3 hours.

I did a port job for free to DMX(user), he is my friend. I lost my job, so I needed something to keep my head together.

The porting in my personal cylinders and DMX(user) cylinders are wayyy different.

I learned ALOT from my own mistakes, and made them better in his cylinders. He has a port job that is suited better for mid-range pipes (Toomey T5) and I think they are good. I´m still waiting for a dyno sheet.

I think you should take your cylinders off and start a NEW thread about your "first DIY port job". Go slowely and post a ton of good pic´s. Make questions and ignore the people who do nothing but talk shit.

I´m pretty sure, that people will answer your questions and will give you a "warnings" if they see that you´re going wrong direction.

I can also give you a list "what not to do" LOL!

Hope this helps.

-Pasi S.

I don´t know how much it would cost from Germany, but from Finland, I send 2kg (hair over 4 lbs) of chocolate to USA.

It was 49€´s = 67.50 usds. That was a sertain sized box with max weight of 2 kg.

The next larger box was up to 4kg and if I can remember right, it was 69€´s = about 95usd.

That is the cheapest air mail and it takes  15 business days.

If I´ll try to calculate how much it would cost me to get cylinders ported.

95+95 for shippings. (can´t fit 2 cylinders in a smaller box)

300-350 for porting

24% tax for a port job and shipping costs <-YES.  That would be about 100usd

And 4-7% for customs fees is about another 20 usds

So total would be close to 635 dollars, +/- how much was the actual cost for porting.