Who wants a set of titanium a-arm bolts? Please check this thread!

why do they need a group order if they've already got banshee upper and lower a-arm bolts listed on thier site, along with 3 pages of Ti banshee junk

The bolts they have listed are 3/8".

OEM bolts are 10mm. I want 10mm as well as people who actually have suspension travel.

The 3/8" stuff would probably be OK for asphalt racers that don't see any suspension movement.

They would be making these custom to order.

^^ I can see there being too much slop... When you're trying to keep things toleranced and tight .018 will make a difference.. Nice bolts, too bad they don't make them with cap heads.

I don't know for sure since I don't have a whole set, but the titanium lowers I have are significantly lighter than the OEM ones.

My rough guess is about half the weight.. It's not some world altering difference.

I just like the way they look and they do drop weight, so I'd like to have a whole set.

Well I'm sure if you added them all up it might equal the weight of a cheeseburger………So in theory, you could take a crap and drop the same amount of weight. But I was just curious what the cost per ounce was going to end up at.

No doubt they look sweet. But I'm running mostly stainless fasteners all around on the bike. So until I can fall in lust with the overall weight savings…….I have no reason to fall head over heals for Titanium.

But I'm trying!   :drool:

V-Force 4's are only $200 and they WILL make you faster.  ;)  Just sayin'…..

Well….not YOU. Your DM is fast enough.

Ok…..I looked at my ALLOY BOLTS complete Stainless bolt kit that has all every nut, bolt, and washer needed to fully assemble a Banshee. The shipping weight of that entire kit is 9 pounds.

So if Titanium could shave 1/2 the weight off your bolts…..you would drop 4 1/2 pounds off the bike total. (I shudder to think what a complete bolt kit in titanium would cost.)

But at least he's offering a good, extra strong, light replacement for those factory suspension bolts.

Its a pound here and a pound there that add up to a light bike.. or to change the look of your bike Its not for me cause I'm cheap and fat anyway but for a real racer or someone that likes nice stuff or to be different I think they are super nice bolts..!!!!!!!!!!!

I would not to want 3/8 bolts where 10mm bolts are suppose to go if I wanted suspension I would think it would prematurely wear out the holes in the frame and the bolt shanks where they go thru the frame?? 

• Like 1

ti bolts dont look that different.  its not going to be obvious that they are ti.  they are not rainbow or glow in the dark..  if your ast the top of your so called game and need every ounce to matter  ti is the way to go. OEM race bikes are fully ti. 

• Like 1

ok my bad  then buy a set..  believe me if i was at the point where every ounce counted  i'd be looking at getting these.   those top bolts cannot be cheap to make  they are damn long